Just finished publishing a MASSIVE article (over 7000+ words) with total of 159 verses from the Quran. I went through every chapter of the Quran in English translation and pulled some of my favorite quotes, verses, sayings from Quran. Here are my favorite 7:
“And do not mix the truth with falsehood or conceal the truth while you know [it].” Ayat 42
- Why I like this quote: Through life experience I’ve noticed countless times by observing others and myself that we do not like to admit or faults or try to conceal our vices. I believe it’s human nature, we unknowingly do this as a defense mechanism to protect our ego. Sometimes we delude ourselves so much we begin to believe our own lies. So, in a way, this ayat is telling us not too fool ourselves. I've found the best way to avoid fooling ourselves is to simply try our best to do what is right, doesn't matter who sees it. Do the right thing for your own psyche and you will no longer have to "conceal with falsehood" because the rest won't matter, you did the right thing. Sometimes it helps to believe your in a movie and everything is being recorded, and in a way it is, but on that day when you get to rewind and play back the tape it will be too late.
“Do not worship except Allah ; and to parents do good and to relatives, orphans, and the needy. And speak to people good [words]
and establish prayer and give zakah.” Then you turned away, except a few of you, and you were refusing.” Surah Baqarah Ayat 83
- We’ve all heard sayings like “If you have nothing good to say then don’t say it” but we realize this is actually difficult in practice. We at some point in our life say things we regret and wish we could take back. So, this quote from the Quran is just a reminder that nothing good comes from screaming negativity. A useful tactic I’ve learned when you’re angry or about to send a ‘passionate’ email with strong wording is to just wait one day. If you feel the same way tomorrow morning then go ahead and press send but you’ll notice you won’t be as emotionally invested in letting the other party know exactly how you feel. After all, it’s better to take the high road, it’s less crowded.
“Allah does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity.
It will have [the consequence of] what [good] it has gained, and it will bear [the consequence of] what [evil] it has earned. “Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred. Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us. Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people.” Ayat 286
- Allah does not charge a soul except that which is within its capacity. How many struggles or adversities have you overcome in life thus far? Remember the last thing you thought would destroy you or seemed insurmountable… but look here you are still standing. We think in isolation and believe the most recent problem is the greatest but the truth is all our troubles have been experienced by humanity before us. So when in the Quran it mentions “lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us” we must realize that these problems are not new, they have been handled and solved by those before us we just have to be creative and search for the solutions instead of being anxious and afraid.
“Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion.” Surah Imran Ayat 185
“Wherever you may be, death will overtake you, even if you should be within towers of lofty construction.” Ayat 78.
- Another Quran quote about death, it’s one I constantly think about. Humans are the only life form aware of their mortality, it’s an inevitable truth we can’t escape. This quote from the Quran is a reminder it doesn’t matter if you live in a villa or palace death will find you. We often strive for wealth (and there’s nothing wrong with that goal) but some fail at spending their entire life in the pursuit of money and won’t be able to buy back time lost.
“And the servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth easily, and when the ignorant address them [harshly], they say [words of] peace,” Verse 63
“Perhaps it is close behind you – some of that for which you are impatient.” Surah Naml Ayat 72 Ayat 185
- Practice Sabr, this is mentioned repeatedly in the Quran. Failure is just the habit of quitting when you experience temporarily defeat. So remember as it says it the Quran, “perhaps it is close behind you”.
Let me know your thoughts about these quotes or the whole article overall.
Read Full Article: Best Quran Quotes
Here's some Bonus Quotes:
Attachment 6755Attachment 6756Attachment 6757Attachment 6758Attachment 6759