/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Depression/sadness

anonymous
02-23-2020, 10:06 AM
Assalamualykum w. w,

I need advice brothers and sisters.

I am a 28 female and recently I have been feeling very sad. I don't know why but I just can't seem to put my finger on it. It's a strange feeling because I feel guilty for feeling this way. I don't even know if it's sadness or depression. I am a practising muslim, or at least I try my best. My imaan slips up sometimes, which is natural.

When I think about this, I compartmentalise my life into two, trying to pin point why I feel like this.

1) Work: I am a doctor by profession. I have just started working. At first, my sadness stemmed from this because I had graduated and I wasn't finding a job. Money wasn't the problem, it never is because alhamdulillah without any money we've still been able to survive and I understand that sustenance is from Allah. It's just that I had always wanted to be a doctor and I have sacrificed my life for it. I didn't want to give up that easily.

2) Relationship: I got married a year ago. Alhamdulilah, my husband is wonderful. He doesn't have a job and there's certain things about him that I dislike. But he's young and I know that he'll find his way. He's a good man. I try to keep patient and I try to look at the positive.

As you can see that from the outside my life is perfect and I should be the happiest person alive. There's people out there that are going through much worse. Alhamdulilah, I am blessed in so many ways.

Also, since I have started working I've seen a lot of suffering and death around me. I feel like what is the life of this world.

I go out with my husband and we spend money, I am supposed to be happy but I feel like meh, what's the point.

My mind keeps telling me there's something wrong.

Jazak'Allah Khayr

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Duas_Revival
02-27-2020, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Assalamualykum w. w,

I need advice brothers and sisters.
Wa Alaikumus Salam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

You are being tested, please be steadfast. Just like when someone enrolls into a school they are given "Exams" to test their knowledge; once we have believed we shall be tested, "Jannah" doesn't come easy.

Allah says in Surah Baqarah Verse 155: "And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient".

Secondly - Allah Azza Wajal says in Surah Al Imran Verse 139: "Do not loose hope, nor be sad"

So what do we learn from these two ayats? Be patient and keep asking Allah for relief.

Try your best from Today to say sincerely 100 times Istighfar (Astagfirullah) - Why? Click here to learn some of the benefits

Do you know the power of Dua? Dua is the weapon of a believer!
And your Lord says, "Call upon Me, I will respond to you." Quran (40:60)

I sincerely recommend "one thing for you" - recommend reading this beautiful supplication (Dua) as soon as possible.

This is an authentic Dua recited by Prophet Yunus (AS) in the belly of the fish, when he was in distress. If any Muslim supplicates in these words, his supplication will be accepted/responded to.

Arabic to English Translation: Laaa i-la-ha il-laaa anta sub-hanaka inni kun-tu minaz-zalimeen.

Meaning: There is no God but You, Glorified be You! Truly, I have been of the wrongdoers

Learn More: https://www.duasrevival.com/supplica...us-forgiveness

Please remember us in your Duas

Jazakallahu Khair,
DR

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.