/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Religious Freedom

Eric H
03-07-2020, 08:36 AM
People should have absolute freedom to leave any religion. A quote taken from nurseken in Clarifications about Islam, I have posted here as I am not allowed to respond in this section.

format_quote Originally Posted by nurseken7
just saying all people, regardless of religion, should have absolute freedom to leave any religion,
I have the freedom to commit adultery, or be a drug addict and alcoholic, not all freedoms are beneficial. As Umit said, we are not alone in our journey through life, our actions affect other people.

You list your beliefs as agnostic, but how can there be a 'maybe god or a probable god'? God the creator of all that is seen and unseen either exists fully and totally or there is no god. The creation of the universe could not happen without God, the creation of life and evolution could not happen without God. We have a need to search for God, and if we want to find God, we have to do something.

I believe the search for God helps us to think more about other people, We put God first, others second and ourselves last. I believe the search for God leads us on a kinder and more caring journey through life.

In the spirit of searching for God the creator of all that is seen and unseen,

Eric

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamLife00
05-19-2020, 04:45 AM
Allah has never taken away our free will. We are absolutely free to do what we want, as long as we also accept the consequences of our decisions.
Freedom to choose does not give us freedom from consequences of our decisions, actions.

And say, "The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve."
Indeed, We have prepared for the wrongdoers a fire whose walls will surround them.
And if they call for relief, they will be relieved with water like murky oil, which scalds [their] faces.
Wretched is the drink, and evil is the resting place. (Al-Kahf 29)

keiv
05-19-2020, 10:19 AM
Even "freedom of religion" has its limitations in the so called "free nations" of the world. No different than all the other freedoms they claim to advertise.

JAM_Here
09-27-2020, 04:00 PM
What happens if someone is born in a Muslim family with Muslim parents. But he/she does not believe in Islam as a religion ? Should we force that person to be a Muslim and pray and fast etc ? I suppose this depends on the person's decision. We can only try to convince him/her to believe in Islam but the final choice is up to person's will.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IslamLife00
10-02-2020, 12:07 AM
Yes, Allah allows each person to choose and Allah only holds a person accountable of his/her deeds, not other people's deeds.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.