/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's so bad about watching movies?

SintoDinto
05-06-2020, 04:47 AM
Movies like Joker may be bad in their violence, but they have social commentary that can help persuade people to be better to their fellow man by teaching about the dangers of mistreating the marginalized and how it leads people to go mad.
I honestly don't see what's so bad about movies like star wars, i used to be obsessed with them as a kid and am starting to regain interest after not watching movies a while. I mean, I can, hypothetically, but I just need clarification.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Ansariyah
05-13-2020, 02:48 AM
Assalamualaikum

Mmm... almost all the movies contain bad scenes. They are always filled with music and all.
I haven't watched that joker movie, but from what I know, I can say that it can have a bad as well as a gud influence, depends on how u take it in.I think It's somewhat related to person going mad due to oppression by people.. so here some people will take that main character as themselves and do the things which he did.
These movies may be gud for positive people but can create a problem for negative ones.
For eg. I read the book '13 reasons why' long ago. I didn't watch the series. So just by reading it, I was getting suicidal thoughts. (Nauzubillah).I began to think of how people oppress me.(even if ,in real, they didn't). It was having such a bad impact on me. And I can't even think of what would have happened if I had watched the whole series (I just watched some scenes tho).. It's been a long time since that. These books and movies which contain bad stuff are all waste. They just lead you to wrong path. So stop watching the movies.

Avis
05-13-2020, 05:37 AM
1. Almost all movies contain Music, which the majority of Scholars have agreed is haram.
2. Almost all movies contain exposed women who show a lot of their awrah. You shouldn't even be looking at the opposite genders face for more than a few seconds, how can you lower your gaze when their face is plastered all over your screen?
3. Many movies contain violence, drug use and sex.
5. Movies and shows are addicting.
6. Most movies are a waste of time. You could be using the time to learn Arabic or memorize more Quran. You could use that time to help someone in need or improve your physical health.
7. Many movies are a conduit for the promotion of haram lifestyles, such as the LGB-alphabet soup people.

There really is no benefit for movies or shows unless they're educational documentaries. Unfortunately, I struggle with watching them. I hope to give them up eventually, inshallah. It's hard to give up something that my parents used to babysit me since I was a toddler.

Hamza Asadullah
05-13-2020, 05:52 AM
Just to add to what the brother said above that mainstream movies contain a lot of satanic symbolism and "pre-empting symbolism" in terms of the type of society they want in the dystopian future. Look into the owners of these media companies and you will realise that they are owned by the people of shaythan and so it is obvious that it will never be of benefit to any believer except that it will cause much harm even if we perceive it not right now.

Just like in Music they put evil sub conscious subliminal messaging and other satanic symbolism into movies. But the average person does not notice it until it has sub consciously permeated into their minds. If you look deeper into the reality of Music and movies and media in general then your eyes will begin to open for those who wish to see. But those who do not then they will remain blind and unable to see the deeper insights as to what is going on around them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CuriousonTruth
05-13-2020, 04:53 PM
I've heard the quality of hollywood movies have dropped. I'm more into games than movies, as in I don't watch movies in general. So I don't know if the statement is true.

From watching Youtube analysis video, the Star Wars series, Batman series, etc have taken a hit. My friends say the whole Thanos saga was great, but I never got around watching them because of the lack of time.

SintoDinto
05-13-2020, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth
I've heard the quality of hollywood movies have dropped. I'm more into games than movies, as in I don't watch movies in general. So I don't know if the statement is true.

From watching Youtube analysis video, the Star Wars series, Batman series, etc have taken a hit. My friends say the whole Thanos saga was great, but I never got around watching them because of the lack of time.
yeah i wasn't really referring to the new star wars, episodes 7, 8, 9, and those other movies. 1-6 were good, but i dont remember the original trilogy that well, and out of the prequels, id say 3rd stands out. but i can see what's unislamic about it (excess violence, not gonna name some of the scenes for fear of getting my comment dropped). batman vs superman i heard were lame, i watched the beginning of it with my neighbors it was boring. the dark knight was good. but yeah, i dont watch alot of movies either, i mostly just surf the web

BeTheChange
05-13-2020, 07:37 PM
Aslamualykum

Why allow your enemies the power to control your mind, your thoughts, your unconscious thoughts which turn into actions and behaviour...

Why waste precious precious time when you can utilise this asset in learning a skill? Getting close to Allah swt? We will all be asked how we spent our youth...how we utilised our time...

Why commit zina of the eyes, of the ears, of the mind....

CuriousonTruth
05-13-2020, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SintoDinto
yeah i wasn't really referring to the new star wars, episodes 7, 8, 9, and those other movies. 1-6 were good, but i dont remember the original trilogy that well, and out of the prequels, id say 3rd stands out. but i can see what's unislamic about it (excess violence, not gonna name some of the scenes for fear of getting my comment dropped). batman vs superman i heard were lame, i watched the beginning of it with my neighbors it was boring. the dark knight was good. but yeah, i dont watch alot of movies either, i mostly just surf the web
Most immediate reasoning behind Western movies being unislamic is the pervasiveness of sexual scenes, normalizing parts of Western culture that are incompatible with our own such as normalizing the whole boyfriend-girlfriend relationships.

Movies and media play a big role in shaping culture and what people consider as normal. For example, some movies push female leads and gay characters to normalize Feminism, LGBT.

These shifts in culture are dangerous for us, as whether you are Turk, Persian, Pakistani, Malay, you have your own unique culture fostered for over thousand years atleast.

If you feel certain movies don't do that, maybe they are purely horror movies or action movies, that's a different thing.

Islamic/Muslim-made movies have violence like beheading, violence has nothing to do with the problem at hand.

CuriousonTruth
05-13-2020, 08:35 PM
It is prevalent for Muslim media to throw around Shaytan everywhere, while using Youtube which is ironic.

There's also conservative/christian hollywood where Atheists, satanists, demons, etc are shown as evil. There was a popular series called "God's Not Dead" which is a christian reactionary movie series against atheism / atheist people and their intolerance towards religion.

Movie makers are not satanists they are capitalists who look to make most money as possible, there is no satanic conspiracy. There are both religious / anti-religious movie makers, and they cater to the niche of their audience. If Muslims weren't in poverty we'd have our own genre as well, as Turkey is showing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.