/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Explanation sura 4:157

Muslim89
05-21-2020, 04:50 PM
Can someone explain the sura 4:157 to me. What happend to jesus? If someone looks like jesus and he was crucified then I can understand why the Christians still believe in his crucifixion.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nitro Zeus
05-21-2020, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim89
Can someone explain the sura 4:157 to me. What happend to jesus? If someone looks like jesus and he was crucified then I can understand why the Christians still believe in his crucifixion.
You mean this:

. That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not

This verse which you gave, this was a response from Allah(SwT) to Christians and Jews who lived in Makkah 1400. Because of their debating, this verse appeared as a response to them.

Why it appeared as a response? Because, in Quran 3:54 where Allah Says: and they planned and Allah planned and Allah is Best of Planners.

This verse was talking about the life of Jesus Christ(peace be upon him) and back then in Bethlehem, Israel. When he came to Jews as their Messenger, the Jews planned something very evil against Jesus and that it to arrwst him and cruxify him, and then Allah has foreseen what would happen of He would let Jesus Christ be arrested and cruxified, so He Made a plan secretly and made a subtle move, thatplan was how to save Jesus Christ from their wicked plans and hence, He have given to Jews someone that has thw resemblence of Jesus and this will be a proof against such people for being evil and they will pay for wanting to kill Jesus Christ. And the one that was cruxified was a young man that has the resemblence of Jesus and when that young man got out, then he yelled that he is Christ and the Jews immidiately arrested, mocked and cruxified him. And then when that is done, then 3 Jewish groups started to rise such as: Iacobians and Nestorians. And the third group believed that Jesus Christ was no more than a slave of Allah and because of their ideology, they have been persecuted by Nestorian and Iacobians because it was not with accordance to what they believed.

Muslim89
05-21-2020, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
You mean this:

. That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not

This verse which you gave, this was a response from Allah(SwT) to Christians and Jews who lived in Makkah 1400. Because of their debating, this verse appeared as a response to them.

Why it appeared as a response? Because, in Quran 3:54 where Allah Says: and they planned and Allah planned and Allah is Best of Planners.

This verse was talking about the life of Jesus Christ(peace be upon him) and back then in Bethlehem, Israel. When he came to Jews as their Messenger, the Jews planned something very evil against Jesus and that it to arrwst him and cruxify him, and then Allah has foreseen what would happen of He would let Jesus Christ be arrested and cruxified, so He Made a plan secretly and made a subtle move, thatplan was how to save Jesus Christ from their wicked plans and hence, He have given to Jews someone that has thw resemblence of Jesus and this will be a proof against such people for being evil and they will pay for wanting to kill Jesus Christ. And the one that was cruxified was a young man that has the resemblence of Jesus and when that young man got out, then he yelled that he is Christ and the Jews immidiately arrested, mocked and cruxified him. And then when that is done, then 3 Jewish groups started to rise such as: Iacobians and Nestorians. And the third group believed that Jesus Christ was no more than a slave of Allah and because of their ideology, they have been persecuted by Nestorian and Iacobians because it was not with accordance to what they believed.
Great. Thank you for the explanation. It's now clear to me. Sura 4:171 is also interesting about the trinity. SubhanAllah how allah show us the lies of these people. Everything is explained in the quran. The trinity was not known in the time of the prophet jesus but they invented it 300 years after jesus. Correct?

Nitro Zeus
05-21-2020, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim89
Great. Thank you for the explanation. It's now clear to me. Sura 4:171 is also interesting about the trinity. SubhanAllah how allah show us the lies of these people. Everything is explained in the quran. The trinity was not known in the time of the prophet jesus but they invented it 300 years after jesus. Correct?
Umm, I guess the trinity started when Nestorisns believed that Jesus is God the Son. And there is a passage where says to them: "Don't say God is Three! That is beter for you". So, the Christians have disobeyed this command and have started to develop Trinity. But, the timeline of it's development, it is uncertain thing.

But, as far as I know, the Trinity started at Nincea where is in Roman Empire or Greek(not sure exactly it's location). And this happened after the death of prophet Muhammad. Because, they are the one's that believed that Jesus is God and Holy Ghost is God.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.