/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Remarrying

Imraan
05-28-2020, 01:33 PM
Assalam Walaikum

How soon should individuals remarry after seperation,

Let's take into account

Lingering trauma and repressed memories in the psyche of the individual.
The depth of the trauma created during the previous marriage that failed.
The depth of the trauma from any aftermath after seperation.
The status of the previous marriage I.e. has it been dissolved
As a result of financial loss from previous marriages, should they wait until they can financially support a wife.. different women have different maintenance levels...

I've been seperated 2 years now.......but for a long time my friends and family have been pushing for me to get remarried. Getting married, finding someone just isnt easy either....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
06-05-2020, 12:24 AM
Walaikumasalaam

Only you can answer this question. It depends on how fast you are able to heal/move on. Try and take Islamic counselling sessions. I don't think the pain will ever leave you but you can use your experience in a positive way insha Allah. When finding your spouse do your research, ask lots of questions and take your time. Keep praying Isthikhara prayer. I think it would be good for you on many different levels to get married so you can move on. Dwelling on the past does us no good...

May Allah swt make it easy for you and allow good opportunities to come your way Ameen.

*charisma*
06-05-2020, 07:04 AM
Walaikum Assalaam,

Sometimes having someone who understands you, is patient, and supports you is a path to healing. Although it's not fair on the future spouse to have to deal with your old baggage. Take time for yourself and heal. Marriage is not everything. It's ok to be alone sometimes too. You need to find your center again before you bring someone else into your world. Otherwise you're not in the right state of mind and emotion to choose someone compatible or to understand their needs if yours are not addressed properly.

IslamLife00
06-05-2020, 10:13 AM
wa 'alaykumussalaam wa rahmatullah

May Allah grant you healing and make it easy for you to move forward in life.
When you are ready to marry again, may He grant you spouse that is good for you and you good for her both in this dunya and akhira.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Imraan
06-06-2020, 07:36 PM
Jazak Allah everyone for your thoughts... it is a tough situation to be in, never thought i'd be in this kind of situation.

May Allah swt make it easy for everyone going through Hardship.. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.