/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Missing Fajr due to Sleep Problems

m4rouf
05-30-2020, 09:27 AM
My mother has several health conditions including sleep problems. When she wakes up and tries to pray Fajr, she tends to fall asleep while in prayer. She prays while seated due to her physical health and she's hurt herself a few times in the past after nodding off so it's a bit of a risk.

Is it acceptable for her to try to get a good night's rest instead and pray her Fajr in the morning?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
moinudin
05-31-2020, 07:35 AM
I can't give a definite answer, but I'll give some input to try help.

There are some good answers on related scenarios here:
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/6560...-heavy-sleeper

Fajr is the most important of the 5 salah. If one misses it, one is required to offer it as soon as one remembers (and I would sincerely repent each time for reading it late). One should try not make it a habit to miss it, and try the best to make changes that enable you to consistently read Fajr on time. Can she find a way to sleep earlier?

May Allah guide your mom to make the best decision, and make it easy for her to read Fajr on time. May He remove her health issues and give her the health and strength to read salah standing without difficulty.

Supernova
05-31-2020, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by m4rouf
My mother has several health conditions including sleep problems. When she wakes up and tries to pray Fajr, she tends to fall asleep while in prayer. She prays while seated due to her physical health and she's hurt herself a few times in the past after nodding off so it's a bit of a risk.

Is it acceptable for her to try to get a good night's rest instead and pray her Fajr in the morning?
Asalaamualaykum,

It is amazing these days that our Ummah at large has forgotten the mercy of Allah SWT yet at the very same time claiming that he is abundantly and all Merciful.

You mother is already sickly with conditions that impose her human ability to pray Fajr. In this case especially that she falls off to sleep while in Salaah - that itself invalidates the Salaah.
If she has exhausted all options and its not working, then she can simply offer the Fajr as soon as she wakes up.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.