/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Confused

Bint-e-Islam
05-30-2020, 01:40 PM
Assalamualaikum
I am 20 years old and doing my bachelor degree. I bore Muslim but not a practising Muslim but few months ago I feel like I should learn the Islam, Quran and everything related to my Deen whether it is history or its about Arabic Grammer but now Bachelors degree or Islam because bachelors degree is also very important for me, my parents want me to have that degree to see me on higher level but I learn islam for me to be successful in hearafter. Due to alot of confusions I am unable to fully concentrate on my degree as well as My deen.

What exactly should I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslimah__
05-30-2020, 02:08 PM
Walaikumasalam sister

SubhanAllah I was in a similar position to you not too long ago.

My mindset when starting my degree was completely different I wanted to work and was keen on working my way but the career ladder. But along the way of university I had a change of heart and wish I could give up my degree to pursue an Alimah course or an Islamic course of some sort.

My advice for you would be to continue and finish your degree but also keep Deeni studies on the side until you graduate. Secular studies are necessary and give you a back up in case there comes a point in life where you need to work.

Whilst you are studying for your degree, I strongly suggest you make friends with practicing sisters; join the Islamic society/MSA and attend sisters halaqahs regularly In Sha Allah.

May Allah Ta’ala make things easier for you.

Sawak
05-30-2020, 05:00 PM
Try to relax a little as you are at a very impressionable age
Your imam will definitely fluctuate

'Abd-al Latif
05-30-2020, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint-e-Islam
Assalamualaikum
I am 20 years old and doing my bachelor degree. I bore Muslim but not a practising Muslim but few months ago I feel like I should learn the Islam, Quran and everything related to my Deen whether it is history or its about Arabic Grammer but now Bachelors degree or Islam because bachelors degree is also very important for me, my parents want me to have that degree to see me on higher level but I learn islam for me to be successful in hearafter. Due to alot of confusions I am unable to fully concentrate on my degree as well as My deen.

Get your degree. Make your intention to complete your degree for the sake of Allah to benefit the ummah. This way inshaaAllah Allah will reward you for ever second that you study for your degree. We need more qualified Muslims in all fields.

Also start making a plan regarding what you want to learn of Islamic knowledge and study one discipline at a time. There are lots of courses you can do but get your degree first. This is important.

May Allah keep you steadfast in Islam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supernova
05-31-2020, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint-e-Islam
Assalamualaikum

Asalaamualykum :

Firstly, Alhumdullila Allah SWT has given you guidance on to wanting to be interested in the deen.

I would strongly recommend you take the first 3 advice's given you on this post. Much wisdom and good intent in them.

The one thing I would personally suggest you don't do (for now-the initial phase) is to join a Islamic Group or MSA. Rather, you find one person to link up with and just ride the initial phase out with. them The reason I am saying this is because MSA etc will see you as a "rookie" and thereby (with the best of intent) inundate you with QUANTITATIVE rather than QUALITATIVE information. This is a common problem in most Dawah and Islamic Societies today.

It would be better if you link up with one Aalima or knowledgeable Sister who can understand you and form a tight Bond with in this initial phase. Right now you dont need Islamic Information, you actually need someone to understand your plight and circumstances to help you balance the see-saw of Deen and Dunya knowledge. Quantitative Islamic Information is counter-productive to your circumstances as you are doing a degree.

A gentle suggestion, Sister @muslimah__ that advised you above might be a good start for you to request a sister bond and take it from there (If she permits). Her advice was sound, sincere and seems to not only understand your phase but have been down that road.

Signed: Zoro

muslimah__
06-01-2020, 11:56 AM
Feel free to PM me Sister if you want to. I’ll be more than happy to help! :)

Bint-e-Islam
06-01-2020, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah__
Feel free to PM me Sister if you want to. I’ll be more than happy to help! :)
O Allah, In deed he is the best listener I was prayer to Allah for a persona like you who will listen my problem regards to deen. I am surrounding with non practising Muslims

muslimah__
06-06-2020, 02:17 PM
Just noticed PMs don’t work for new members :slap:

me too sister. I had many non practicing friends. Now I tend to avoid those sorts of people.

greenhill
06-15-2020, 11:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah__
Just noticed PMs don’t work for new members :slap:

me too sister. I had many non practicing friends. Now I tend to avoid those sorts of people.
..... that why quite a few end up here.

Salaams. ������

Refresh yourself with the stories of the prophets, starting with Adam a.s.

Take it from there.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.