/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Borrow money and Islam values

thruthsearch
07-21-2020, 11:18 AM
Salam Aleikum,

I have an issue with a friend relative to money and I was wondering what the Quran can tell about that and Islam values.
9 months ago I lend my friend some money. Until now I was never refund and that put me in trouble few months ago at the level myself I need borrow money to someone else. And issue with my wife who didn't enjoy this situation...

The only thing I got from my friend until now was "insha'Allah I will refund you". My issue now is not the refund of money but the attitude of my friend. I asked him to answer some questions for help me understand the situation and sleep in peace. In the past it's happen to me to be without money at a level I was only eating a little piece of bread once a day during one month. I shared some personal stories to explain my friend I know what is it to be with zero resources. I told him if he was in this level I understand. And I asked him to clarify his situation in order to know if he was really with zero resource or if I was simply not on his top priority to refund. He refused to answer this question.
He told me also he will refund me and we will be not friend anymore. I told him if we are not friend so it's a good way for him to avoid any explanations. So I sum up our friendship history, with all I did for him, giving my conclusion. I asked him if my conclusion was wrong or if he has another point of view. Again he refused to answer me.
So here I wonder as he considers himself as a good Muslim. I have some questions.

1. Is that a Halal behavior to refuse understanding the pain I got and refuse to help me by answering simple questions?
2. Is that allow in Quran to refuse to accept full mistakes when you give pain to other?
3. If I would be a Muslim, his behavior would be different? Maybe there is something in Quran telling when a Muslim ask you a question about an issue, then you are not allow to refuse. But if a non-Muslim ask you a question then you have the right to refuse.

Yes, I'm not Muslim, but I have lot of friends Muslims and always happy to learn new thing about Islam. I think here is the right place.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.