/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions

William Wallace
08-23-2020, 04:17 PM
Salam brothers and sisters

Are we allowed to have custom avatars?

Can a moderator add Catholic as a religion choice? I understand that Christianity is an option but I did not see Catholic as an option. There are well over 1 billion Catholics in our world so I’m hoping that Catholic or Catholicism can be added as an option when folks select their religion in their profile.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nitro Zeus
08-23-2020, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by William Wallace
Salam brothers and sisters

Are we allowed to have custom avatars?

Can a moderator add Catholic as a religion choice? I understand that Christianity is an option but I did not see Catholic as an option. There are well over 1 billion Catholics in our world so I’m hoping that Catholic or Catholicism can be added as an option when folks select their religion in their profile.
I don't see anything with it. But the only thing you cannot do here is to chat with genders that opposite than your gender and you cannot make aninated images like anime, because that is forbidden in Islam. But anything that has no connection and relationship with anime, then it is ok. Like for example, you can make a photo of Prophet Jesus if you want, but you must make one that is respectful but not disrespectful, because we do not respect the intolerance towards any Prophet and Messenger of God whether is Moses, Jesus, Abraham etc...

But, you can for example instead of using an animated picture, why don't you use a picture of beach or ocean or space or of an airplane? That would be much better, because this does not violate the rules of this forum. Because, we believe that animated images like a picture of animal, human or insect is a form of immitating God Almighty and we do not like someone trying to immitate God Almighty in creating. Because, God Almighty is Unique and no one is capable of creating a thing or something like Him and if any Muslim does that, then he is accused of blasphemy and he is subjected to death penalty. Because, Prophet Muhammad said that the people will be punished on the Day of Judgment are image makers. So we do not like to ve punished on the Day of Judgment and we try to avoid God's Punishment as much as possible.

I hope you understand

Eric H
08-24-2020, 11:12 AM
Greetings and peace be with you William and welcome to the forum;

I am a Catholic and have been on this forum for fifteen years; I accept the title of Christian. Just a thought, if you follow Islam, the forum does not allow you to put anything other than Islam as a religion, so no discrimination.

Blessings,
Eric

William Wallace
08-24-2020, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you William and welcome to the forum;

I am a Catholic and have been on this forum for fifteen years; I accept the title of Christian. Just a thought, if you follow Islam, the forum does not allow you to put anything other than Islam as a religion, so no discrimination.

Blessings,
Eric
Thanks brother. Peace be with you. I do accept the title of Christian as well

here’s another question I just saw that apparently now my posts have to be approved of a moderator but that wasn’t the case when I made the 1st post itt . I’m going to ask what’s going on here?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ümit
08-24-2020, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by William Wallace
Thanks brother. Peace be with you. I do accept the title of Christian as well

here’s another question I just saw that apparently now my posts have to be approved of a moderator but that wasn’t the case when I made the 1st post itt . I’m going to ask what’s going on here?
thats with all new members...I do not exactly remember but it was like the first 20 or 50 post were moderated...after that you will be a full member...something like that...
it has nothing to do with your religion.

William Wallace
08-25-2020, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit
thats with all new members...I do not exactly remember but it was like the first 20 or 50 post were moderated...after that you will be a full member...something like that...
it has nothing to do with your religion.
Thank you brother. I noticed that I was able to post in this section of the forum without my post being moderated. But my posts are under review in another section of the forum before they are posted

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.