/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Everyone suddenly understands it! NIQAB

muslim brother
10-02-2020, 11:49 AM
https://theconversation.com/muslim-w...y-looks-136021

Sajida, an American Muslim, spoke of a convert friend whose father – a vehement critic of Islam and believer in anti-Muslim conspiracy theories – now encourages his daughter to wear a niqab to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

Muslim women who cover their faces find greater acceptance among coronavirus masks – 'Nobody is giving me dirty looks'
As people everywhere don face masks, scarves and bandanas to protect against coronavirus, Muslim women who wear the niqab, or Islamic veil, are feeling a lot less conspicuous....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
10-02-2020, 06:40 PM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Oddly, the BBC have been persistently using irrelevant images of Muslim women in Hijab for their articles about the virus - implicating Muslims are somehow responsible for its spread:

https://mobile.twitter.com/miqdaad/s...0%7Ctwterm%5E3

As for people becoming more accepting of the Niqab because they think it prevents the spread of the virus, such a self-centred acceptance means little. Will they revert back to their vehement criticism if the fear of spread ends?

keiv
10-03-2020, 01:23 PM
a vehement critic of Islam and believer in anti-Muslim conspiracy theories – now encourages his daughter to wear a niqab to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
“I’m wondering if this empathy will continue or will it disappear as soon as the pandemic’s over,” Afrah said via Facebook Messenger. “I wonder if people will keep this reflection, this need to protect oneself, no matter the reason.”
That's really all there is to it. People covering their faces are doing it because they have to or are concerned for health reasons and Muslims pretty much see it as such. I also don't agree with the notion that people 'understand' wearing the niqab because the idea of wearing one isn't to protect against diseases, otherwise it would have been prescribed for the men as well.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.