/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Meeting for marriage

anonymous
10-03-2020, 05:22 PM
Assalamu alaykum. I am a female

so i want to meet someone to see if they are a possible match for me. But I am having some trouble with something. Do i need to bring a male family member?? My dad has bad anger issues and he is very rude to others so i feel uncomfortable to talk with him around as he would probably humiliate me. I would also feel really uncomfortable to bring my brother because he doesnt have the same beliefs as me with certain morals and views of life & marriage as a muslim. It causes problems sometimes as he embarrasses me or views me as extreme. He would also probably make fun of me for being so serious during this meeting (like how we should be with regard to opposite sex). I just want a serious meeting where we can know eachother without their influences. Its problematic.

could I just bring my mom and sister? they are more mature. And then maybe he can bring his mom too along with him. I dont really have any other male family members. Im just confused on if I have to bring a male family member or not but I really feel uncomfortable around them. I understand you need a male witness to get married which Im fine with, itsjust the meetings im talking about where we ask eachother questions.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
10-03-2020, 09:36 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

Nothing wrong with that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.