/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice For Dealing With Grieving?

muslimah002
10-23-2020, 07:17 AM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Last Friday, I lost my grandfather and it was a deep blow to my heart. My grandfather was very close to me and I am heartbroken that he is gone.
However, I am having a really hard time going through the grieving process. The majority of my grandfather's family is Catholic/some kind of Christian/atheist, but me, my brother, and my father are the only Muslims in my immediate family (aside from my family overseas). My brother and father are not as emotional as I am, so I find it kind of hard to reach out to them for advice.
When it comes to the rest of my family, the advice they give me is good, but sometimes hard to relate to from an Islamic perspective.
Does anybody have any kind of advice? I am really upset and I do not know what to do.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Islami.Mu'mina
10-25-2020, 02:54 PM
This is a test for you sister. Everyone is tested with calamities. You loved your grandfather and it was his time to depart from this world. It is ok to miss him and be sad. But now, its up to you on what you will do next. Are you going to pass the test and take heed of this?

"Every soul shall taste death" (al-Imran 3:185)

You should also take a moment to ponder and reflect. Use this to get closer with Allah. Everything in this world is temporary. Including the ones you love, so you will never be with them forever. Unless you make it to jannah with them. Pray for your grandfather since you love him dearly. Make dua and connect with Allah personally and vent out your feelings so that you will be rewarded for your patience. Ask Allah for advice. He will guide you more than we can.

Remember that everything happens for a reason. It is all part of Allah's decree. Your grandfather passed away at that very second for a good reason. You forming a connection with him and leading up to this was part of your destiny and Allah knew this before you were even created. So trust His plan, and keep continuing sister.

May Allah grant you ease and understanding.

Studentofdeed
10-25-2020, 10:27 PM
Here is one advixe sister...you will be with those who you love in the afterlife and you will see them again. Think of them just taking a vacation and taking a nap. If they were good. They are peaceful right now...you will see everyone again. Have faith and Insha'Allah it will get easier. May Allah reward you for your patience

muslimah002
10-26-2020, 09:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islami.mu'min
This is a test for you sister. Everyone is tested with calamities. You loved your grandfather and it was his time to depart from this world. It is ok to miss him and be sad. But now, its up to you on what you will do next. Are you going to pass the test and take heed of this?

"Every soul shall taste death" (al-Imran 3:185)

You should also take a moment to ponder and reflect. Use this to get closer with Allah. Everything in this world is temporary. Including the ones you love, so you will never be with them forever. Unless you make it to jannah with them. Pray for your grandfather since you love him dearly. Make dua and connect with Allah personally and vent out your feelings so that you will be rewarded for your patience. Ask Allah for advice. He will guide you more than we can.

Remember that everything happens for a reason. It is all part of Allah's decree. Your grandfather passed away at that very second for a good reason. You forming a connection with him and leading up to this was part of your destiny and Allah knew this before you were even created. So trust His plan, and keep continuing sister.

May Allah grant you ease and understanding.

This is exactly what I needed to hear, brother. I cannot thank you enough :-)
Jazakallah

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
Here is one advixe sister...you will be with those who you love in the afterlife and you will see them again. Think of them just taking a vacation and taking a nap. If they were good. They are peaceful right now...you will see everyone again. Have faith and Insha'Allah it will get easier. May Allah reward you for your patience
Jazakallah, brother. Insha'Allah I will reunite with him in the afterlife.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimah002
10-26-2020, 09:38 AM
@Islami.mu'min Just realized I accidentally referred to you as "brother" in my reply - I'm so sorry! :(

Islami.Mu'mina
10-26-2020, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah002
@Islami.mu'min Just realized I accidentally referred to you as "brother" in my reply - I'm so sorry! :(
Ohh haha lol don't worry you're fine

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.