/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When parents oppress

anonymous
12-08-2020, 07:43 PM
If someone was being oppressed by parents or family members, are we allowed to make dua against them? Its not my situation alhamdulilah but there are some people I know who have terrible family members that oppress their kids, beat them, and verbally abuse them. Is that person allowed to make dua against his parents or is it a sin? People say it is a sin but doesn't that counterdict the hadith that says Allah hears the cries and the calls of the oppressed. Yet this case doesn't make sense that even when a child is being oppressed, he or she cannot make dua or even stand up for themselves. They can't even defend themselves. Please clarify as I am confused

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
12-09-2020, 03:51 PM
If dua is being made, why does it have to be a negative one?

We can ask Allah to guide the people doing the oppression so that they feel guilty and never do it again and for the victims to he protected from it.

SoldierAmatUllah
12-09-2020, 04:43 PM
We aren't supposed to make dua against family members even if we are oppressed.The correct thing is dua for their guidance,forgiveness stands for the families as Allah has enjoined to forgive people & be good to kith n kin esp parents..We can make dua against the other oppressors but not for parents.We be good to them& seek big reward in both the lives.A gulp of bitter medicine for a big lifetime relief.

And Allah knows the best!

ashraf__
12-09-2020, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SoldierAmatUllah
We aren't supposed to make dua against family members even if we are oppressed.The correct thing is dua for their guidance,forgiveness stands for the families as Allah has enjoined to forgive people & be good to kith n kin esp parents..We can make dua against the other oppressors but not for parents.We be good to them& seek big reward in both the lives.A gulp of bitter medicine for a big lifetime relief.

And Allah knows the best!
what is your reference for that I have seen that parents shouldnt make dua against their children

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/9017...ainst-children

I am surprised mods here allow fake news to posted just like but others have to be limited just for pointing it out

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SoldierAmatUllah
12-10-2020, 01:29 AM
It's the general understanding & not a fatwa

ashraf__
12-10-2020, 01:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SoldierAmatUllah
It's the general understanding & not a fatwa

no it is not a general understanding why are you passing it as such when it is your mere opinion/fatwa only

show me where in islam it encourages anyone to endure oppression from anyone? have you not read the story of Prophet Abraham? how was he like with his parents? there are numerous instances of parting ways with family

its such ideologies from people like you encourage others to endure abuse is something that is pushing people away from religion, our religion came down to make things easy for us not the other way around.

manofIslam
12-11-2020, 01:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ashraf__
no it is not a general understanding why are you passing it as such when it is your mere opinion/fatwa only

show me where in islam it encourages anyone to endure oppression from anyone? have you not read the story of Prophet Abraham? how was he like with his parents? there are numerous instances of parting ways with family

its such ideologies from people like you encourage others to endure abuse is something that is pushing people away from religion, our religion came down to make things easy for us not the other way around.

Aren't you being a bit aggressive and rude to the sister here?!

ashraf__
12-11-2020, 02:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by manofIslam
Aren't you being a bit aggressive and rude to the sister here?!

excuse me? have you seen what they had said? "We aren't supposed to make dua against family members even if we are oppressed" where in islam can you find this? if not it is innovation, surely you are not pro innovation are you?

FinalNyc
12-11-2020, 03:26 AM
excuse me? have you seen what they had said? "We aren't supposed to make dua against family members even if we are oppressed" where in islam can you find this? if not it is innovation, surely you are not pro innovation are you?
Perhaps, what he/she was trying to say is you could say your thoughts in a polite manner? You can educate us nicely, and we'll hear you out.

ashraf__
12-12-2020, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FinalNyc
Perhaps, what he/she was trying to say is you could say your thoughts in a polite manner? You can educate us nicely, and we'll hear you out.

How was I impolite?

But I guess you guys are okay with people telling others to endure abuse in the name of islam, when Islam says otherwise.

This soilder dude has issues have you seen their other posts?

Studentofdeed
12-12-2020, 06:42 PM
You make some good points but everyone has their own opinion. Shouldn't attack and ridicule someone. Muslim does not humilate their brother or sister. No one is perfect but everyone who posted here, I'm sure had good intentions.

manofIslam
12-12-2020, 06:53 PM
How was I impolite?

But I guess you guys are okay with people telling others to endure abuse in the name of islam, when Islam says otherwise.

This soilder dude has issues have you seen their other posts?
Bro, there's no need to be like that! Come on: we're all Brothers and Sisters in Islam here!

Alpha Dude
12-14-2020, 09:26 PM

Don't know why you're reacting in this way. I think you are not taking the thread context into consideration.

Islam emphasises very heavily the importance of kinship. There are numerous hadith and ayahs on this.

With that in mind, we should always find other solutions first (e.g. making positive dua, getting people to mediate/finding a practical solution if possible), before going down to the most drastic option (taking them as your enemy, making dua against them, etc.).

The sister merely answered to this effect.

anonymous
12-18-2020, 10:01 AM
Eveytime I hug my mother or kiss her on the forehead, and even show her affection, my father scolds me and makes my mother uncomfortable. He swears and days what kind of nonsense is he doing. I was only hugging my mother pit of love, my mother is fine then she later says don't hug unnecessarily.

My father says I'm a grown man and have no right to hug my mother. This confuses me as I thought in Islam, one should show affection for their mother. My father then as usual compares me to my brother, who he says is better than me. My brother has been boycotting me and never calls or texts me back. Even when I send him simple salaams. My mother says its caus you are rude to him. Rude?! I have every right to be upset that this guy does not have the decency in keeping ties but sends constant photos of himself enjoying beaches in Florida. And he says he is "busy"

Hence why I am enraged that my father oppresses me and on a consistent basis tells me I'm useless, and my brother is better than me.

My brother is so indifferent and selfish. He didn't even bother keeping ties with me when I was once dying or going through health reasons. Only time he ever bothered calling, was because my parents told him to. But now my father told him, you don't have to call him. Sometimes a year goes by and I never even hear from him.

I hate my family and tired of trying to please them when they oppress me, then when I lash out for being oppressed, I'm hurled with insults, accused of hypocricy and told im a horrible son and deserve all the misfortunes in my life

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.