/* */

PDA

View Full Version : You must testify to the truth

ZeeshanParvez
12-27-2020, 11:37 AM
O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah , even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just. And if you distort [your testimony] or refuse [to give it], then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted.

Qurān 4:135

The truth takes precedence over everyone. If speaking the truth leads to harm to yourself so be it. You must speak the truth. Even if you have to testify to the truth against your parents you must do it.

You cannot have mercy on a poor person because he is poor and let that prevent you from testifying to the truth. Nor can you love a rich person for his being wealthy and prevent you from testifying to the truth. The truth takes precedence over everyone.

Reference:

Tafsīr Ibn Kathīr
Tafsīr al-Tabari

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
01-08-2021, 10:47 PM
Asalamualykum

I prefer people who speak the truth and i enjoy thier company more even if what they say to me hurts me because sometimes truth can hurt but it's all a part of self awareness and development. If noone points out your flaws you may be blind to them so you can never improve.

Alhamdulillah for truthful company!

Rare to find these days but once found always treasure!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.