/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reps, Likes and Starred posts

AabiruSabeel
01-11-2021, 11:18 PM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Reputation points (reps) are the points awarded by other members to your posts when they click on the small star icon at the bottom left corner of the post. It used to be very popular in the olden days. Most of the old frequent posters have very high rep count.

In recent years, Likes have taken over the reps and now users find it more easier to like a post than to rep a post.

To overcome the disparity between reps and likes of old and new members, we have replaced them with the ratio of likes/posts and reps/posts instead of the actual number.

Another recent feature added is the Starred posts. Any post that earns at least 3 likes or reps gets 1 star.
Five likes/reps gets 2 stars and Seven likes/reps gets 3 stars. The higher the quality of the post, the higher the number of stars.

Keep posting ... :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Islami.Mu'mina
01-11-2021, 11:57 PM
Oh sometimes I see in my notifications that it says "reputation comment". Is that the star function you were talking about in the corner? Does that mean someone clicked the star for me

I never knew about this

AabiruSabeel
01-12-2021, 04:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islami.Mu'mina
Oh sometimes I see in my notifications that it says "reputation comment". Is that the star function you were talking about in the corner? Does that mean someone clicked the star for me

I never knew about this
Yes, it is possible to write short comments with reputation. It is the same star button.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!