/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lack of companionship - no desire to marry

anonymous
03-16-2021, 06:48 PM
Asalamualaykum. I have never had a desire to get married and have always enjoyed being alone, both as a kid and as an adult. Not sure if it’s a psychological or what. Alhamdulillah I’m healthy and have a stable life, financially and religiously, mostly.I do not have anything holding me back from getting married except myself. I feel that humans need companionship, even for people like me. I just do not see how that would work out. I’ve prayed istighara and made dua that if marriage is for me, then to make me desire it. I only feel that the older I get, the less desire I have. I also feel pessimistic about the state of the world which only makes it worse.

im sure my mother is saddened that her only son feels this way. It saddens me to tell her this as I love her dearly. Anytime she wants to know why, I cannot say other than the fact that I have zero intentions for it.

I’d to get peoples opinions and possible advice on this inshaAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
03-16-2021, 07:03 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

If you've no desire, then you've no desire. There is nothing that is keepiing you from living a fulfilling life as a single person unless it is something you don't want. If you have temptations for example, or need companionship, then marriage would be suitable for you, but if you prefer to be alone and are content with your condition then there is nothing wrong with that either. If you are unsure about whether or not you want marriage, then that would be a different story altogether, however it seems that you have made up your mind and know what you want.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.