/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Istikhara when you don't have options?

Flos
04-16-2021, 08:42 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

How to pray Istikhara when you have no options to offer in dua? Like, when you have no idea what to do with something? Or when there are more than 2 options to offer?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Revert alYunani
04-17-2021, 02:52 AM
Alaikum salam

Well i am not a scholar and couldnt find smth to asnwer your question properly so i will tell you what i do. You always have 2 options when doing istikhara. Either you do smth or not.

Lets say you want to buy a house near the river for example.
You make istikhara. "...If buying this house near the river is good for me, for my life and my akhira etc etc...and If buying this house near the river is not good for me,keep it away from me etc etc.. "

But you also thinking of buying a house in the mountain, or in the city, or in the village.
So you make the same thing with each of them, istikhara prayer separately.

Again this is what i do, and i found success with it. I dont know whats the best thing to do in islam. I couldnt find smth related to it.

Flos
04-17-2021, 03:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Revert alYunani
Alaikum salam

Well i am not a scholar and couldnt find smth to asnwer your question properly so i will tell you what i do. You always have 2 options when doing istikhara. Either you do smth or not.

Lets say you want to buy a house near the river for example.
You make istikhara. "...If buying this house near the river is good for me, for my life and my akhira etc etc...and If buying this house near the river is not good for me,keep it away from me etc etc.. "

But you also thinking of buying a house in the mountain, or in the city, or in the village.
So you make the same thing with each of them, istikhara prayer separately.

Again this is what i do, and i found success with it. I dont know whats the best thing to do in islam. I couldnt find smth related to it.
But what if I don't have options at all? As in, I have such and such problem and I need guidance to solve it, like "what should I do?"

Revert alYunani
04-17-2021, 04:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flos
But what if I don't have options at all? As in, I have such and such problem and I need guidance to solve it, like "what should I do?"
Then you make duaa. Istikhara is asking for guidance when you need to make a choice.
Or lets say for example a couple is having problems, and they dont know what to do, so one of them thinks what if divorce is the best option. So he makes istikhara for it.
So you can think of possible solutions to your problem and make istikhara for it. Otherwise constantly duaa

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flos
04-17-2021, 04:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Revert alYunani
Then you make duaa. Istikhara is asking for guidance when you need to make a choice.
Or lets say for example a couple is having problems, and they dont know what to do, so one of them thinks what if divorce is the best option. So he makes istikhara for it.
So you can think of possible solutions to your problem and make istikhara for it. Otherwise constantly duaa
Thanks

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.