/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am confused should I stop using islamqa?

Abdulah97
04-28-2021, 01:31 AM
So recently I started to watch more videos from assimalhakeem and saw he recommended the website islamqa and since i trust him so I trust that website because to me it sounds authentic brings up references from Quran, hadith, 4 schools of thoughts and other major scholars.

But I am noticing something in my self in that I am becoming more "extreme" if that makes sense

By extreme I am referring to cutting out the haram like no music, no movies, taking down pictures of family members off the walls, lowering gaze when talking to women, and learning new things.

For example no one in my family ever told me shaving beard is haram or if pants are below ankles its haram.

Also I am learning more things that are considered "bidah" and not doing them such as raising hands during congregational Friday dua, wiping face after making witr dua or any dua in general, reading Quran for the sake of family member and my intention for the reward to go to my family member

All these new things I learned from assimalhakeem and islamqa is any of the above things i mentioned 'extreme" or incorrect? For everything i mentioned above their is hadith or quran proof regardless of fatwa given by any shykah or imam? What about islamqa.com? And questiononislam.com?

What are some reliable websites you guys use for fitwa? I want websites that are as close to quran and sunnah as possible but also gives me view of scholars, the critique islamqa gets is that it sometimes may use a minority amount of scholars for their fitwa as majority, for me as a layman I would love a website that uses two opposing view points of scholars on a specific topic and not just one viewpoint. Other critiques I am getting from people regarding islamqa is that its an extreme website and is on the conservative side even if the safe side might not apply to someone living in the west. Others critiqued their founder Muhammad Saalih Al-Munajjid.

Here are the critiques for anyone interested:

https://www.reddit.com/r/islam/comme...its_making_me/

https://www.reddit.com/r/islam/comme...sm_of_islamqa/

https://www.reddit.com/r/islam/comme...r_only_source/

https://www.reddit.com/r/religion/co...nk_stuff_like/

I am just confused at this point on what website to follow for fatwa?

Should I just stop using online sources for fatwa and go to a local shyakh in my mosque that i trust to help me out?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
xboxisdead
04-28-2021, 04:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdulah97
So recently I started to watch more videos from assimalhakeem and saw he recommended the website islamqa and since i trust him so I trust that website because to me it sounds authentic brings up references from Quran, hadith, 4 schools of thoughts and other major scholars.

But I am noticing something in my self in that I am becoming more "extreme" if that makes sense

By extreme I am referring to cutting out the haram like no music, no movies, taking down pictures of family members off the walls, lowering gaze when talking to women, and learning new things.

For example no one in my family ever told me shaving beard is haram or if pants are below ankles its haram.

Also I am learning more things that are considered "bidah" and not doing them such as raising hands during congregational Friday dua, wiping face after making witr dua or any dua in general, reading Quran for the sake of family member and my intention for the reward to go to my family member

All these new things I learned from assimalhakeem and islamqa is any of the above things i mentioned 'extreme" or incorrect? For everything i mentioned above their is hadith or quran proof regardless of fatwa given by any shykah or imam? What about islamqa.com? And questiononislam.com?

What are some reliable websites you guys use for fitwa? I want websites that are as close to quran and sunnah as possible but also gives me view of scholars, the critique islamqa gets is that it sometimes may use a minority amount of scholars for their fitwa as majority, for me as a layman I would love a website that uses two opposing view points of scholars on a specific topic and not just one viewpoint. Other critiques I am getting from people regarding islamqa is that its an extreme website and is on the conservative side even if the safe side might not apply to someone living in the west. Others critiqued their founder Muhammad Saalih Al-Munajjid.

Should I just stop using online sources for fatwa and go to a local shyakh in my mosque that i trust to help me out?

I cannot believe it...we live in the era where what you described are great things now is extreme. You know what is extreme? Liberalism. That is extreme. You are cutting down music, not having conversation with a non-mahrim woman, doing your proper prayer , even following the sunnah of the prophet and growing your beard (if anything so you do not resemble beardless youth or women) and you consider this extreme?

Sooo...to you the nonextreme, is walking nude in the street, having non-mahrim women on your lap, and going to bars and dancing while drinking alcohol and belching loudly...that to you is non-extreme?

What you are doing is the bare basic actually. The default of all Muslims should do (including me) and I have to admit I am at fault for failing in the things you are achieving well, masha'allah. I cannot even maintain fajir prayer every day...I miss some and others I pray them.

IslamLife00
04-28-2021, 05:31 AM
I go with Qur'an and hadiths. That's why I use Islamqa.info because they never fail quoting Qur'an and hadiths.

If they mention hadiths that I can't find or never read, I don't follow that particular advice, that way on Judgement Day if Allah asks why do I follow certain advice, I would be able to point out which Qur'an ayat or hadith or even tafsir.

If you think they are extreme, that's your choice to follow them or not. It's between you and Allah on Judgement Day.

I personally don't follow Sheikh Assimal Hakim much. As for Sheikh Munajjid, I am aware he is accused of being extreme and so on.

That doesn't mean I will stop following the Qur'an and Sunnah, or any website that gives advice based on that.

Allah Himself said in the Qur'an to obey Him and His prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa salaam, how do you obey the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa salaam without following his sunnah?

xboxisdead
04-28-2021, 06:15 AM
I like Islamqa.info because it follows the Qura'an and the Sunnah, and if in that website there is an answer to a question that is extreme or goes against the Qura'an and Sunnah then I will dismiss it and bring it here to warn people off of it. However, it doesn't mean I will dismiss the entire website and the entire website should go down. I just search for other questions and learn from the website. You need to use your brain also. Allah (Subhaanhu Wa Talaa) put it there to be used.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdulah97
04-28-2021, 06:26 AM
Jazak allah akhi,

Wallah agree with you 100%

tbh when I said "I am noticing something in my self in that I am becoming more "extreme"" stems from the people around me, when I started to cut out the harams and give advice to people they tell me "you are becoming extreme" in a way that i started to doubt my self and what made it worse is that just today for some odd reason I stumbled upon those reddit threads saying "Islamqa is extreme cos their fatwa is too conservative and doesn't apply to people that live in the West." and so that fact + people around me telling me im extreme I started saying "maybe they are right i shouldn't follow islamqa " and thats why I came on here asking people if the things I was doing based on what I have recently learned from that website were in indeed extreme and alhamdulillah it looks like I am on the right path.

To be honest when I finally discovered islamqa and Assim al-Hakeem I felt really happy and that I was at the right place that stuck to Quran + sunnah + scholars (Islamqa always atleast mentions Ibn Taymiyah, imam nawawi, Muhammad Nasiruddin al-Albani, sheikh ibn baz, imam ibn uthaymeen, etc...) so I was really confused when I saw those posts bashing that website saying its "too extreme" or "doesn't fit for someone living in the West" etc...Now I understand not everyone is the same, maybe they were looking for a specific fatwa for their situation, but things like don't listen to music, don't watch movies, lower gaze when seeing non mehram are all things that apply every where you are in the world, just cos you live in the West doesn't mean those things don't apply?

Sure the website may lean more towards on the conservative side, which I would argue is on the safer side, but its not the website giving these fatwa out of thin air, they are referencing Quran + sunnah + scholars.

I guess if I were to critique the website maybe would be to suggest they add scholars that have opposing view points. For example, they gave the fatwa on niqab and how women's face is awarah and covering face is mandatory and they did provide hadiths and quran verses to support this but I would have liked to see opposing views to that fatwa because I know this issue of niqab scholars differed on.

On the internet one has to be careful where you get your fatwa from. All my life I always wanted to find an English source that I trust with regards to fatwa and to educate me of any haram or innovations I was committing willingly or unwillingly and alhamdulillah I have found it.

Abdulah97
04-28-2021, 06:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IslamLife00
I go with Qur'an and hadiths. That's why I use Islamqa.info because they never fail quoting Qur'an and hadiths.

If they mention hadiths that I can't find or never read, I don't follow that particular advice, that way on Judgement Day if Allah asks why do I follow certain advice, I would be able to point out which Qur'an ayat or hadith or even tafsir.

If you think they are extreme, that's your choice to follow them or not. It's between you and Allah on Judgement Day.

I personally don't follow Sheikh Assimal Hakim much. As for Sheikh Munajjid, I am aware he is accused of being extreme and so on.

That doesn't mean I will stop following the Qur'an and Sunnah, or any website that gives advice based on that.

Allah Himself said in the Qur'an to obey Him and His prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa salaam, how do you obey the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa salaam without following his sunnah?
Very true, I am curious why people even accused the website of being extreme in the first place? I haven't seen anything extreme yet, granted I have only just discovered it a few weeks ago.

xboxisdead
04-28-2021, 06:42 AM
Jazak allah akhi,

Wallah agree with you 100%

tbh when I said "I am noticing something in my self in that I am becoming more "extreme"" stems from the people around me, when I started to cut out the harams and give advice to people they tell me "you are becoming extreme" in a way that i started to doubt my self and what made it worse is that just today for some odd reason I stumbled upon those reddit threads saying "Islamqa is extreme cos their fatwa is too conservative and doesn't apply to people that live in the West." and so that fact + people around me telling me im extreme I started saying "maybe they are right i shouldn't follow islamqa " and thats why I came on here asking people if the things I was doing based on what I have recently learned from that website were in indeed extreme and alhamdulillah it looks like I am on the right path.

To be honest when I finally discovered islamqa and Assim al-Hakeem I felt really happy and that I was at the right place that stuck to Quran + sunnah + scholars (Islamqa always atleast mentions Ibn Taymiyah, imam nawawi, Muhammad Nasiruddin al-Albani, sheikh ibn baz, imam ibn uthaymeen, etc...) so I was really confused when I saw those posts bashing that website saying its "too extreme" or "doesn't fit for someone living in the West" etc...Now I understand not everyone is the same, maybe they were looking for a specific fatwa for their situation, but things like don't listen to music, don't watch movies, lower gaze when seeing non mehram are all things that apply every where you are in the world, just cos you live in the West doesn't mean those things don't apply?

Sure the website may lean more towards on the conservative side, which I would argue is on the safer side, but its not the website giving these fatwa out of thin air, they are referencing Quran + sunnah + scholars.

I guess if I were to critique the website maybe would be to suggest they add scholars that have opposing view points. For example, they gave the fatwa on niqab and how women's face is awarah and covering face is mandatory and they did provide hadiths and quran verses to support this but I would have liked to see opposing views to that fatwa because I know this issue of niqab scholars differed on.

On the internet one has to be careful where you get your fatwa from. All my life I always wanted to find an English source that I trust with regards to fatwa and to educate me of any haram or innovations I was committing willingly or unwillingly and alhamdulillah I have found it.
I don't care what the liberal west view of things are. They are toxic and even they themselves don't know what they want themselves. That is a society that prompt homosexuality, child molestation and exploitation, having their women display themselves and be sexualized, and that is society where feminist is bred and grown into thorn tree. That is the world where they discriminate against you based on your skin color. In Canada only a hundred years old ago women where considered a person. You want those people to tell you...that your religion...a perfect religion...came from Allah (Subahanahu Wa Talaa) as mercy to mankind as extreme or you are coming extreme? You want to know why? Because Islam will put a stop to things that have they enjoyed for so long as haraam things such as: women, music, alcohol, desire of flesh, etc. They have lived all their lives like this and it is normal to them, and now Islam put a stop to all that. It will come to them as extreme. Especially since they are far away from Allah (Subhanahu Wa Talaa), you need to come slowly at them. You are doing great! Keep it up.

IslamLife00
04-28-2021, 06:54 AM
As for sheikh Salih Munajjid, his son passed away several years ago, if not mistaken he was murdered

inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un May Allah forgive him and grant him jannat ul firdaus

He was asked how he felt about it and he said he forgave the killer

edit: found the video

Prominent Salafi scholar, Muhammad al Munajjid, who resides in Saudi Arabia and known for his Islamic verdicts on (islamqa.info),
claims that "chopping the head" of the killer of his eldest son did not even come to his mind. He did not accept any penalty (also known as blood - money) from the killer.
And says Qur'an promotes forgiveness.
Experts say that this is a product of fear of Hell fire, and desire to enter Paradise. And most importantly belief in a Just and Merciful God, who will judge on the Day of Judgement according to one's deeds .
This behavior remains unnoticed in most of the Atheists, as they find belief in Paradise to be 'deceptive and misleading'. Of-course, they are the ones in deception.

Abdulah97
04-28-2021, 07:03 AM
Mashallah what a great video jazaki allah khair

Ümit
04-28-2021, 07:20 AM

Islam is as easy as you want. At the same time it is as complicated or deep and detailed as you want...
For someone who wants to know every details of our Religion...he can go as detailed as he wants, he will still find rulings and reason in it.
For someone who does not want that, or who does not have the time or ability to do that, he can stick to the basic rules.

No one can go as deep and detailed as our beloved Prophet (sas)...so everyone must draw a line for himself of how far one goes...
The things you mentioned are not extreme...those are details...
I didn't even knew some of it, like raising hands in dua and wiping face after it is bidah...I have to check that one.
about beard for what I know it is not exactly fard, but wajib (almost fard), but I will check that also for my own knowledge.

I do not understand your confusion. The things you listet here as extreme, are valid and true rulings...you will not find any serious website that will claim the opposite.

about cutting online sources and going to a shyakh...it depends on your own attitude...
like the websites, no serious shyack will claim the opposite of what is true...so they will all confirm all the rulings you just mentioned here...so it is not a matter of shyack or website...it is a matter of what you wanted to know and what not.

the difference between the forums and shyack is that on forums you can more easy stumble on information you didn't knew, gaining knowledge super fast. The shyack probably will only give you more detail about the subject you ask him about and nothing else...so the chance of learning new things are smaller.

Abdulah97
04-28-2021, 07:27 AM
Jazak Allah akhi this paragraph right here is beautiful:

"Islam is as easy as you want. At the same time it is as complicated or deep and detailed as you want...
For someone who wants to know every details of our Religion...he can go as detailed as he wants, he will still find rulings and reason in it.
For someone who does not want that, or who does not have the time or ability to do that, he can stick to the basic rules."

And another good point about visiting shyakh jazak Allah

Ümit
04-28-2021, 07:43 AM
Jazak Allah akhi this paragraph right here is beautiful:

"Islam is as easy as you want. At the same time it is as complicated or deep and detailed as you want...
For someone who does not want that, or who does not have the time or ability to do that, he can stick to the basic rules."

And another good point about visiting shyakh jazak Allah
That is not a good point about cutting online sources and visiting shyack.

Most of the people want to gain more knowledge, so they use online forums to do that and use a shyack to validate the new things they encountered, because the shayck is their second source.

That way, they learn new stuff fast, and they check whether they understood everything correctly by asking their shyack about it...and maybe the shyack has even something to add to it, like tips and so.

So it is a double win to have both.

The logical downside of knowledge is, that when you know about a certain ruling it will be a sin if you do not act upon it...however it would not be a sin if you didn't knew about it.

On the other hand, it is also a sin to deliberate stay ignorant and not learn new things because of this...

iammuslim98
04-29-2021, 06:58 AM
Aoa. The best thing about Islam is that you cannot change it to please people. Christianity is a perfect example, where the pope recently accepted homosexuality as a part of human nature despite it being forbidden in the Bible as well. Islam doesn't need us. We need Islam. If you think following the basic tenets of Islam is extreme, then you should reassess your life brother. I personally do not like Islam qa because of their extremely long answers. Anyway, islam also tells us to use our mind. So if you find any hadith there that seems illogical, you can reject it.

xboxisdead
04-30-2021, 06:06 PM

Brother if in the future you plan to be a husband and a father, please take this opportunity while you are young to prepare for such difficult role (in the future). Learn everything you need to know about being a great husband and father (to your children). Use even islamiqa.info as means of resources. So many men and women fail in this regard (equally). Very few men and women study and learn about being a father/mother/husband/wife and get a degree on this field. So many just jump into marriage and then kabooooom ensue afterword. Please, I suggest you take this course (hands you a registration form) with the rest of the courses you are taking right now.

Hamza Asadullah
05-01-2021, 04:08 AM

Assalaamu Alaikum. If a particular fatwa website and/or group of Scholars is helping you to become a better Muslim then Alhamdulillah that is great. Although Fatwa websites can help give us a general understanding of certain matters pertaining to the Deen, we must also try and sit with Scholars & consult with them directly if possible, or at least on certain matters that require scholarly analysis according to the specific situation and circumstances.

The other issue is that we must not think that a particular fatwa website or opinions of a group of Scholars is the "be all and end all" when it comes to opinions on Islamic matters at the exclusion of all other valid opinions. We are entitled to follow a group of Scholars whom we trust. However the most dangerous aspect of following a particular group of Scholar's is adopting a "cultist mentality". Whereby we deem the group of Scholars whom we follow as being the only one's on right path and everyone else is astray and misguided.

This type of mentality causes arrogance, intolerance, division and disunity amongst the Ummah, whereas Allah has ordained that we be humble, tolerant and that we unite by holding on to the rope of Allah. Allah created us to be different and to have differing views and perspectives. This is what is unique about us. In fact differences of opinions are a blessing in the Ummah as we get to learn about different sides and perspectives on various issues. Differences in opinions and perspectives is Hence why we have 4 Madhabs and not 1. But some will tell you that there is only one correct way that is according to the Qur'an and Sunnah. This is not only completely false and misleading but is a mockery of Islamic Scholarship.

There have been differences of opinions on various matters since the time of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) until today and there will continue to be until the day of Judgement. The pious predecessors respected valid differences of opinions as long as they were not heretical or strange. However today even differences in the Madhabs are deemed as not being in accordance with "authentic Sunnah" and verses of Muthashabihat (verses of the Quran that only Allah knows it's true meanings) have become a source of great disunity in the Ummah. Allah tells us that he will settle our differences on the day of Judgement. So essentially these differences are a test for us.

So follow whoever you are inclined towards after doing much research and asking of Allah to guide you. However never be intolerant to valid differences of opinion and never develop a cultist mentality whereby we think that what we follow is the only right way to the exclusion of the rest of the Ummah. Such a mentality only breeds arrogance whereby we look down upon others who follow different opinions. The correct principle to adopt is that we are entitled to think that what we follow is what we deem to be more correct, however there is always the possibility that the other opinion/s maybe more correct.

May Allah enable us to be one more tolerant of one another and unite and not be of those who seperate and cause disunity. Ameen

Labayk
05-01-2021, 03:08 PM
Assalaam alykum akhi and happy Ramadan!

No one can say that anything is extreme unless they come forth with a clear criteria; a benchmark; a well-defined middle way from which if we swerve left or right, then we are in an extreme. If something is extreme it means to pass the limits so no one can accuse me or you of transgressing any limits unless they make clear what those limits are. We, the Muslims (alhamdulilah), have that benchmark and well-defined straight path from which any swerving would be a deviation on our part and that is Islam (ie the Quran and Sunnah).
As for the people who are saying you are being too extreme or that such and such is too extreme, it is obvious that they are judging only by what the society is engaged in. Their benchmark/yardstick is what is deemed "normal" amongst the people and their desires and since you are going against the norm, they deem that as extreme. Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is that the people themselves have fallen into all sorts of extremes: extreme negligence/carelessness/apathy with regards to the commandments of Allah; extreme adherence to traditions; extreme concern for what other people think of them; extreme attachment to dunya and desires etc.

The Prophet :saws1: said: “Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so Tooba (glad tidings or a tree in Jannah) for the strangers.”(Muslim). This is the state of affairs that people are in. Because they are so far away from the Quran and the Sunnah it's people like you and me that look like the "weirdos" which in reality is an honor for us in light of this Hadith. What you are going through now is something good and it means you're on the right way. You're becoming "strange" not "extreme". Welcome to the path of the strangers!

Like I said before, the Quran and Sunnah are our benchmark to judge what is extreme or not. We are not blind followers. If islamqa says something that contradicts the Quran and Sunnah, we will not follow them. What is good about that website is that they are required to provide proof for their conclusions. This is what I am interested in: the proof. What Allah and His Messenger said regarding the matter, that is truth upon the true middle way. We are not going there to look at opinions. As for those saying that something is "too conservative" or the like, then this is something vague or arbitrary and shows that the one speaking is doing so from their personal tastes/desires and not from any criteria that any of us can judge by.

Know that the more you follow Islam, the more strange you will become. Such a path can be lonely at times but that loneliness is offset by nearness to Allah and the reassurance that comes with knowing that you are walking on the path that the noble Sahabah :ra: placed their feet upon.

or me as a layman I would love a website that uses two opposing view points of scholars on a specific topic and not just one viewpoint.
Brother, we're supposed to be united. Allah says: "O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you. And if you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is the best [way] and best in result." (an-Nisa: 59)

One of the reasons why Allah sent down the Quran in the first place is to settle our disputes so that we are not bickering ceaselessly left and right. Allah sent the Quran to settle our disputes and put unity between our hearts so that in any issue great or small we can all turn back to Allah's judgment and have our hearts settle upon the Truth.

With that being said, when there are legitimate differences amongst the scholars, this has been conveyed.

I hope my post is of some benefit inshAllah. May Allah make us all steadfast upon the path of the strangers. Ameen!

Abdulah97
05-02-2021, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labayk

No one can say that anything is extreme unless they come forth with a clear criteria; a benchmark; a well-defined middle way from which if we swerve left or right, then we are in an extreme. If something is extreme it means to pass the limits so no one can accuse me or you of transgressing any limits unless they make clear what those limits are. We, the Muslims (alhamdulilah), have that benchmark and well-defined straight path from which any swerving would be a deviation on our part and that is Islam (ie the Quran and Sunnah).
As for the people who are saying you are being too extreme or that such and such is too extreme, it is obvious that they are judging only by what the society is engaged in. Their benchmark/yardstick is what is deemed "normal" amongst the people and their desires and since you are going against the norm, they deem that as extreme. Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is that the people themselves have fallen into all sorts of extremes: extreme negligence/carelessness/apathy with regards to the commandments of Allah; extreme adherence to traditions; extreme concern for what other people think of them; extreme attachment to dunya and desires etc.

The Prophet :saws1: said: “Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so Tooba (glad tidings or a tree in Jannah) for the strangers.”(Muslim). This is the state of affairs that people are in. Because they are so far away from the Quran and the Sunnah it's people like you and me that look like the "weirdos" which in reality is an honor for us in light of this Hadith. What you are going through now is something good and it means you're on the right way. You're becoming "strange" not "extreme". Welcome to the path of the strangers!

Like I said before, the Quran and Sunnah are our benchmark to judge what is extreme or not. We are not blind followers. If islamqa says something that contradicts the Quran and Sunnah, we will not follow them. What is good about that website is that they are required to provide proof for their conclusions. This is what I am interested in: the proof. What Allah and His Messenger said regarding the matter, that is truth upon the true middle way. We are not going there to look at opinions. As for those saying that something is "too conservative" or the like, then this is something vague or arbitrary and shows that the one speaking is doing so from their personal tastes/desires and not from any criteria that any of us can judge by.

Know that the more you follow Islam, the more strange you will become. Such a path can be lonely at times but that loneliness is offset by nearness to Allah and the reassurance that comes with knowing that you are walking on the path that the noble Sahabah :ra: placed their feet upon.

Brother, we're supposed to be united. Allah says: "O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you. And if you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is the best [way] and best in result." (an-Nisa: 59)

One of the reasons why Allah sent down the Quran in the first place is to settle our disputes so that we are not bickering ceaselessly left and right. Allah sent the Quran to settle our disputes and put unity between our hearts so that in any issue great or small we can all turn back to Allah's judgment and have our hearts settle upon the Truth.

With that being said, when there are legitimate differences amongst the scholars, this has been conveyed.

I hope my post is of some benefit inshAllah. May Allah make us all steadfast upon the path of the strangers. Ameen!
What a beautiful post jazak allah khair!

MazharShafiq
05-02-2021, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labayk

Great ..ameen

keiv
05-03-2021, 10:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IslamLife00
As for sheikh Salih Munajjid, his son passed away several years ago, if not mistaken he was murdered

inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un May Allah forgive him and grant him jannat ul firdaus

He was asked how he felt about it and he said he forgave the killer

edit: found the video

Prominent Salafi scholar, Muhammad al Munajjid, who resides in Saudi Arabia and known for his Islamic verdicts on (islamqa.info),
claims that "chopping the head" of the killer of his eldest son did not even come to his mind. He did not accept any penalty (also known as blood - money) from the killer.
And says Qur'an promotes forgiveness.
Experts say that this is a product of fear of Hell fire, and desire to enter Paradise. And most importantly belief in a Just and Merciful God, who will judge on the Day of Judgement according to one's deeds .
This behavior remains unnoticed in most of the Atheists, as they find belief in Paradise to be 'deceptive and misleading'. Of-course, they are the ones in deception.
SubhanAllah, people have come here complaining about petty things and refuse the answer of being patient, sometimes reacting harshly and wishing ill will towards those who tell them to be patient. This respected brother appears to have gone through something no parent would ever want to experience, yet not only does he show patience but even forgives the accused.

Scimitar
05-03-2021, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Assalaamu Alaikum. If a particular fatwa website and/or group of Scholars is helping you to become a better Muslim then Alhamdulillah that is great. Although Fatwa websites can help give us a general understanding of certain matters pertaining to the Deen, we must also try and sit with Scholars & consult with them directly if possible, or at least on certain matters that require scholarly analysis according to the specific situation and circumstances.

The other issue is that we must not think that a particular fatwa website or opinions of a group of Scholars is the "be all and end all" when it comes to opinions on Islamic matters at the exclusion of all other valid opinions. We are entitled to follow a group of Scholars whom we trust. However the most dangerous aspect of following a particular group of Scholar's is adopting a "cultist mentality". Whereby we deem the group of Scholars whom we follow as being the only one's on right path and everyone else is astray and misguided.

This type of mentality causes arrogance, intolerance, division and disunity amongst the Ummah, whereas Allah has ordained that we be humble, tolerant and that we unite by holding on to the rope of Allah. Allah created us to be different and to have differing views and perspectives. This is what is unique about us. In fact differences of opinions are a blessing in the Ummah as we get to learn about different sides and perspectives on various issues. Differences in opinions and perspectives is Hence why we have 4 Madhabs and not 1. But some will tell you that there is only one correct way that is according to the Qur'an and Sunnah. This is not only completely false and misleading but is a mockery of Islamic Scholarship.

There have been differences of opinions on various matters since the time of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) until today and there will continue to be until the day of Judgement. The pious predecessors respected valid differences of opinions as long as they were not heretical or strange. However today even differences in the Madhabs are deemed as not being in accordance with "authentic Sunnah" and verses of Muthashabihat (verses of the Quran that only Allah knows it's true meanings) have become a source of great disunity in the Ummah. Allah tells us that he will settle our differences on the day of Judgement. So essentially these differences are a test for us.

So follow whoever you are inclined towards after doing much research and asking of Allah to guide you. However never be intolerant to valid differences of opinion and never develop a cultist mentality whereby we think that what we follow is the only right way to the exclusion of the rest of the Ummah. Such a mentality only breeds arrogance whereby we look down upon others who follow different opinions. The correct principle to adopt is that we are entitled to think that what we follow is what we deem to be more correct, however there is always the possibility that the other opinion/s maybe more correct.

May Allah enable us to be one more tolerant of one another and unite and not be of those who seperate and cause disunity. Ameen
THIS ^ quoted because it's very much on point.

WardahSkr
03-25-2023, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=xboxisdead;3039949] ASSALAMURALAYKUM

I have a question for you BEING PERFECTLY LIKE THE PROPHET PBUH IS EXTREME FOR YOU ?????

FOLLOWING QURAN AND HADITH IS EXTREME FOR YOU ????????

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.