/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it permissible when I go with my mom to free mix with an older lady?

SintoDinto
05-01-2021, 02:46 AM
who is in her 50s? i am 22. she considers me her nephew due to the level of closeness of my mother and her, and the amount of time I spent with her son growing up and in common events with common people. is it permissible for me to talk to her freely? the problem is also that when we get invited if not too many are invited and my mother is only with her husband, an older man, and younger men, they free mix, but politely, but lately I've noticed it makes me uncomfortable. and this auntie is strongly suggesting i complete a 4 year degree and THEN get married, and my mother is getting swayed, but I don't know how to say no to her because on the one hand she is close to the family and on the other hand i feel i can not lower my gaze anywhere I go, and am strongly envying beautiful couples. (and older men with more wealth).
what to do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SintoDinto
05-01-2021, 11:47 AM
Why is no one responding? and why do people keep ignoring my posts. BUMP. Mods, can at least YOU respond?

bint e aisha
05-01-2021, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SintoDinto
Why is no one responding? and why do people keep ignoring my posts. BUMP. Mods, can at least YOU respond?
Maybe because it's a question of permissibility and people are not sure of the answer.

bint e aisha
05-01-2021, 02:36 PM
am strongly envying beautiful couples. (and older men with more wealth).
When I get envied by such stuff, I remind myself of this verse:

"Content yourself with those who pray to their Lord morning and evening, seeking His approval, and do not let your eyes turn away from them out of desire for the attractions of this worldly life: do not yield to those whose hearts We have made heedless of Our Quran, those who follow their own low desires, those whose ways are unbridled." [Qur'an 18:28]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
xboxisdead
05-01-2021, 09:40 PM
Sorry. Forgive me. But I have to do this.

Correct sentence:

"Why no one responding? Why do people keep ignoring my posts? - Bump - Would the moderators respond?"

iammuslim98
05-02-2021, 07:46 AM
A namehram is a namehram. Age is just a variable. Prophet saww's wife khadija was 20 yrs older, his wife sauda was 30 to 33 yrs older at the time of marriage. You want a better excuse to hang out with women, think harder.

Revert alYunani
05-02-2021, 05:37 PM
no offense but if you cant say no and stand up for yourself for such a little thing,what kind of man are you? How are you going to lead a family who needs a ton more courage?
About free mixing,i know someone 50+ who looks like a young girl.Would i stay alone with her? No way.Would i say alone with my friends mom who is around her age and has many diseases,is obese and cant even walk? For sure.You know the answer of that.

xboxisdead
05-02-2021, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Revert alYunani
no offense but if you cant say no and stand up for yourself for such a little thing,what kind of man are you? How are you going to lead a family who needs a ton more courage?
About free mixing,i know someone 50+ who looks like a young girl.Would i stay alone with her? No way.Would i say alone with my friends mom who is around her age and has many diseases,is obese and cant even walk? For sure.You know the answer of that.
So much truth, brother. We all need to learn from this :D

iammuslim98
05-02-2021, 08:25 PM

Aoa. Right. And haven't men been told to lower their gaze..? Why can't he stop looking at them women

Revert alYunani
05-02-2021, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iammuslim98
Aoa. Right. And haven't men been told to lower their gaze..? Why can't he stop looking at them women
Sorry i dont understand what do you mean? Who cant stop looking at women?

SintoDinto
05-02-2021, 10:23 PM
Sorry i dont understand what do you mean? Who cant stop looking at women?
I believe she's referring to me. @iammuslim98 why does it concern you so much, if I may ask? I already mentioned I was trying to get married to help lower my gaze. and im working on lowering my gaze as well. "Every son of Adam is a sinner"

iammuslim98
05-03-2021, 11:11 AM
I believe she's referring to me. @iammuslim98 why does it concern you so much, if I may ask? I already mentioned I was trying to get married to help lower my gaze. and im working on lowering my gaze as well. "Every son of Adam is a sinner"

Aoa. Check out the entire website.. Men/women go crazy if a woman says she doesn't wanto wear the hijab but no one points out man's duties. You are t the problem. Double standards is

SintoDinto
05-03-2021, 11:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by iammuslim98
Aoa. Check out the entire website.. Men/women go crazy if a woman says she doesn't wanto wear the hijab but no one points out man's duties. You are t the problem. Double standards is
Who said I go crazy if a woman doesnt wear hijab? That's none of my business

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.