/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Handling Pork (work-related)

Hmonta03
06-16-2021, 12:05 AM
Salaam Aleikum,

After a long layoff I finally found a really good paying job. Been doing it for a week now but my conscious is catching up to me. This job is in a pork gelatine factory.

They bring in pig skins and sometimes i'm required to actually touch the pig skins which is sometimes drenched in blood. Ofcourse I wear gloves and wear a mask.

Wash off after aswell but I did wonder even tho i'm not eating it or selling it...its still unclean and impure...

Does this make my income haraam? Even tho they pay really good I'm thinking of quitting.

Anyone have some advice for me?

Allahu A'alam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Predator
01-14-2022, 06:38 AM
Short answer is that you need to look for halal job ,it is not permissible for muslim to work in pork and alcohol business

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L1gLiTnFk9M

Ümit
01-14-2022, 07:41 AM
there is nothing wrong with touching a pig or pigs blood or whatever. it's the taking part in producing and selling haraam products which make your job wrong.
consumption of pig is haraam...so the production and marketing of pork is also haraam.

about pork skin as leather...I know you can buy pork leather gloves for welding and stuff and pork leather motor jackets. it's really thick so a good protecter.
for what I know, It is not haraam...however it is impure...so you have to clean yourself after use if you want to do salat.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.