/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shaykh Suliman Gani | Moon Wars: Following Saudi vs Local Sighting |

Simply_Logical
07-19-2021, 03:13 PM
assalaamu alaykum wah rahmatullahi wah barakatuhu

Shaykh Suliman Gani | Moon Wars: Following Saudi vs Local Sighting |

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fK61NO8owKQ&t=5s

fascinating talk and I'm only 30 mins so far

jazakAllah khayran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
07-20-2021, 12:34 PM
I filmed and edited it, surprised to find you posted it here ‎ما شاء الله

Simply_Logical
07-20-2021, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I filmed and edited it, surprised to find you posted it here ‎ما شاء الله
Why the surprise? Lol

Really interesting topic,
When you doing eid?

Scimitar
07-21-2021, 09:54 PM
I did it on Tuesday… I know what you’re thinking. “How can you do it on Tuesday when Shaikh clearly explained it should be on Wednesday?”

well, I believe he is correct but I’m simply not comfortable with the minority opinion on this issue. Although I believe he is correct on many levels, I also believe that the consensus should reflect his opinion of local sightings using what is available to us today. Until that happens, I’m sticking with my local masjid which is the sunnah recommendation. I know I know, it gets complicated again. Hadith clearly state “sight the moon” in your own locality. I can barely see the stars for the smog let alone the moon. It’s very complicated. There’s more but I’ll leave it here.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Simply_Logical
07-21-2021, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I did it on Tuesday… I know what you’re thinking. “How can you do it on Tuesday when Shaikh clearly explained it should be on Wednesday?”

well, I believe he is correct but I’m simply not comfortable with the minority opinion on this issue. Although I believe he is correct on many levels, I also believe that the consensus should reflect his opinion of local sightings using what is available to us today. Until that happens, I’m sticking with my local masjid which is the sunnah recommendation. I know I know, it gets complicated again. Hadith clearly state “sight the moon” in your own locality. I can barely see the stars for the smog let alone the moon. It’s very complicated. There’s more but I’ll leave it here.
my interesting simple question is how long has global sighting been going on for? 50 years? 100 years?

the sunnah is sighting it with the eyes

well youre saying minority? maybe i the uk but not world wide just look at places like pakistan, bengladesh, south africa, morroco, which are massive countries and they dont follow saudi

i used to follow saudi but i dont follow them no more tbh

Scimitar
07-23-2021, 12:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical
the sunnah is sighting it with the eyes
It most certainly it is.

I live in England, and here we had mixed results. Some did it on Tuesday and others on Wednesday.

like I explained before, we need consensus here in the Uk regarding the sighting, the matter is unfortunately not as simple and straightforward as you can see in the podcast. There are arguments for and against each view, and that makes things complicated to say the least.

Keep us British Muslims in your duas bro.

Abulabbasasafah
04-02-2022, 09:52 PM
Sheikh suliman gani is correct the sunnah fard of moon sighting must be revived here in uk where we now have wifaqul ulama who do this 12 month unlike saud regime who only do this 2 3 tims a year and always get it wrong.

Below example of saudi corrupt moon sighting team a bunch of puppets of mbs umm al qara calendar

Saudi Arabia:Not Seen, but Officially announced Ramadan begins May 27 (Saturday): MCW member Mr Khurram Imtiaz from Riyadh reported: I tried to find out Ramzan ul mubarik moon nearly in center of Riyadh KSA. Weather condition was not very clear so unable to find creasent of Ramdan. But as per official annoucement of KSA, tomorrow 27 May 2017, will be first Ramzan.Not Seen: MCW memberDr Ayyub Patel from Taif reported: We were on the way to Makkah coming from south Abha Tihama mountain Road. While close to Taif we tried to sight the hilal crescent moon for Ramadan but due to clouds we could not see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Having a useless imam in East London mosque with a useless committee doesn't make matters better

- - - Updated - - -

This new imam.is a British puppet with his one he took as a shamelessly man and needs to grow a proper beard

Abulabbasasafah
04-02-2022, 09:57 PM
His obe i meant

Our local imam now need to be pushed for this sheikh haitham is pushing a wrong opinion of 18 degree timetable which majority scholars have proven wring better if he focuses on moon sighting instead
https://www.wifaqululama.co.uk/

Wifaqul Ulama (Britain)
British Scholars & Muslims working Together...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.