/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice on how to stop missing pork, how to deal with moral dilemmas involving pork,

Michael0
07-23-2021, 05:56 AM
from a new convert.

In the US it's easy for us to get desensitized to how disgusting pork is, since we see it everywhere. But pork really should horrify you as much as dog meat. They're not that different. Both are from gross meat-eating intelligent animals that eat gross stuff.

In any situation I simply replace pork with dog meat.

Would I feel comfortable having a job where I deliver dog meat? NO.
Would I feel comfortable working in a grocery store where I have to scan dog meat? NO.
Would I feel comfortable serving dog meat to a table in a restaurant? NO.
Would I donate money to a food bank that gives people canned dog meat? NO.
When visiting a new restaurant, would I try a menu item containing dog meat "just because I'm curious to try new things?" NO.
If I travelled to China, would I try a traditional dish containing dog meat "just to learn about the cuisine of other cultures?" NO.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
07-23-2021, 08:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Michael0
from a new convert.

In the US it's easy for us to get desensitized to how disgusting pork is, since we see it everywhere. But pork really should horrify you as much as dog meat. They're not that different. Both are from gross meat-eating intelligent animals that eat gross stuff.

In any situation I simply replace pork with dog meat.

Would I feel comfortable having a job where I deliver dog meat? NO.
Would I feel comfortable working in a grocery store where I have to scan dog meat? NO.
Would I feel comfortable serving dog meat to a table in a restaurant? NO.
Would I donate money to a food bank that gives people canned dog meat? NO.
When visiting a new restaurant, would I try a menu item containing dog meat "just because I'm curious to try new things?" NO.
If I travelled to China, would I try a traditional dish containing dog meat "just to learn about the cuisine of other cultures?" NO.
I do not have this problem since I am born to a muslim family, so I never saw pork as food...even though I live in Netherlands / Germany...but interesting method you've got there.
That is a smart way to deal with it :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.