/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find a way back to faith, Can someone help?

SHEZADRahman
09-23-2021, 02:10 PM
Hey, I'm Rahman, a 25 y/o guy who's completing his Masters. I live in a South Asian country and I was born in a Muslim family. Both my parents are practicing muslims for the last 10 years, I also have a brother who moderately practices the prayers and other requisites of the faith. Then there's me, the Black Sheep, the youngling who went astray and the one who has problems with blindly believing what the Imam of the nearest mosque or anyone of old age with a beard says. Basically in my society, majority of people blindly follow whatever their favorite religious idol tells them, because people naturally think they're more closer to god and that's completely fine. I wasn’t always like this, I was someone who used to pray 5 times a day without question, I used to read Hadith and try to learn the Shaan-e-Nuzul (Backstories) of different Surah's and Ayah's. It was not until I joined university that somewhat changed my perception of my faith, I still used to pray and believe up until to the point where I sought out questions which I couldn't answer myself like "If I was born of a different faith, would it be my fault for not coming to Islam?" "Why would Allah punish me for being born in the wrong faith". Questions like these made me want to expand my horizon for knowledge and at one point of my life I thought it was ridiculous to believe in such things as a higher power to a point where I considered myself an atheist and used to debate with believers where most would succumb to my arguments. However recently after the pandemic and everything I've seen, I've realized maybe I'm not seeing what everyone else is, maybe there is something to this world where Islam fits and explains everything, hence I became an agnostic where I don't actually care about religion as long as someone is not harming people they're good in my picture. I'm still trying to find myself back to my faith, If anyone would like to help me out and maybe discuss somethings regarding on how I can get back and maybe answer some of my questions, I would be really happy. Thank you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.