/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *** How to make money off giving loans? ***

ALIve
10-20-2021, 12:50 AM
Asalam Alaikum brothers and sisters, '

If someone came to me asking for a loan, what is the halal way to turn a profit on giving the loan? Since I cannot charge interest, am I able to charge a flat rate of 5-10%? How does this work?

Jazakallah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Flos
10-20-2021, 10:22 AM
As far as I know any interest rate is ribba' - super haram.

Maybe investing money in someone's business? Still, don't know if that's ok, too

ALIve
10-22-2021, 12:23 AM
Yes, so what is the halal way to make a profit in my specific scenario. Someone comes up to me at the masjid asking for a loan to buy a property for example. Their property cost $200k. I can only lend let's say $10k. So how can I make a profit? Do I charge a flat rate? Do I charge 5% of the rent monthly with a flat rate above that? How does this work? Jazakallah khair

Flos
10-22-2021, 10:30 AM
I think you should ask a scholar that question.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
keiv
10-23-2021, 04:47 PM
I’m not qualified to answer the question either. How would loaning money in an Islamic country work? I’d imagine this would be related to Islamic banking in some kind of way, however that works.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.