/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New sister needing support

Zahra 1922-2021
01-11-2022, 02:43 PM
As Salam alaykum fellow sisters.
my name is Zahra not real name i reverted to Islam 9/8/2020. Ever since I’ve been struggling with mental health and my obligations to Allah SWT. And I figured I just haven’t got the right support system for me. So if there is a revert sister out there please message back

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zahra 1922-2021
01-11-2022, 02:49 PM
As Salam alaykum
my name is Zahra not real name but I reverted in august 2020 and feeling a little unsupported because I have no mosques near and no halal food. No Muslims in my village except me. So I’m pretty alone. Just need a fellow revert sister or brother to support me through becoming a good muslim and be able to cope with mental health issues at the same time.

Flos
01-11-2022, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahra 1922-2021
As Salam alaykum
my name is Zahra not real name but I reverted in august 2020 and feeling a little unsupported because I have no mosques near and no halal food. No Muslims in my village except me. So I’m pretty alone. Just need a fellow revert sister or brother to support me through becoming a good muslim and be able to cope with mental health issues at the same time.
Wa alaykumu salam sister.

I'm not revert but maybe I can help somehow

iammuslim98
01-12-2022, 12:29 AM
Aoa,
For mental health see a psychiatrist. And as far as ur obligation s are concerned sister, shetan is always out to lure us away from the straight path. Its a test..fight it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flos
01-21-2022, 02:30 PM
As I had covid and didn't have much to do, I watched many revert stories videos on youtube and figured how much reverts struggle, with no support and understanding. Especially with giving up many things that born Muslims are not facing with and can't understand.

So, if there's anything special you want to talk, please contact me (If you can't due to forum rules, I'll figure something out). Just let me know somehow.

iammuslim98
01-22-2022, 05:30 AM
Aoa, ive already posted on this, but Flos' comment made me do it lol.
I hope sister floss u are feeling better now, may Allah Grant u health and happiness.
To the sister struggling, always remember, when u reverted u made Satan utterly unhappy. U started from dark and found ur way to light .whereas satan started from light and chose darkness instead ..it is Satan's mission to lead pious people astray.. everyday is a struggle for reverts, esp in this day and age..just remember these waswas happen cuz satan is trying to lure u.

Hamza Asadullah
03-27-2022, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahra 1922-2021
As Salam alaykum
Assalamu Alaikum sister. How are you now? Did you manage to get hold of any support? Have you contacted your local Masjids/Islamic centres to see if they provide any help and support for reverts like yourself? You will find most of them do or at least can forward you onto knowledgeable people who can help.

ginny melha
04-26-2022, 06:05 PM
I am having the same issues

Hamza Asadullah
04-27-2022, 12:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ginny melha
I am having the same issues
Asalaamu Alaikum sister. Do you have any Masjids/Islamic centres around you where you live? We can help you locate some near you if you wish.

ginny melha
04-28-2022, 10:03 AM
Yes I believe so

Hamza Asadullah
04-28-2022, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ginny melha
Yes I believe so
Then you need to get in touch with them asap, so you can begin creating connections and have a support network in place. Many Masjids/Islamic centres even have circles and programmes in place for reverts or they can put you in touch with knowledgeable sisters and/or other reverts insha'Allah.

ginny melha
04-28-2022, 05:08 PM
Thank you

IslamLife00
04-29-2022, 04:06 PM
Assalaamu 'alaykum and Ramadan mubarak
Welcome to the Straight Path and the forum, sisters, may Allah make it easy for you starting your journey and keep you firm in His path until the day you return to Him

muslimx
11-08-2022, 08:35 AM
https://newmuslim.iera.org/

Register here to get new Muslim support.
Mash Allah they are pros at what they are doing. They have supported 40k new Muslims in 2021 economic year alone.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.