/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hypothesis: Successive Authority and Iblis (Satan), Wisdom behind origin of Humanity

Ascended_Being
02-04-2022, 04:10 PM
The following research proposes a hypothesis regarding the interpretation and meaning of the verse "Indeed I will place in earth a Successive Authority" (Quran 2:30)
Potential answers were extracted for the following questions which non-muslims frequently ask:

• Why did Allah decide to create a new creation (humanity) when He was already being worshipped by the angels in the heavens?
  • Why did He create Humanity according to His Image, and if so, why did He create them out of clay?
  • Fire is naturally more powerful than clay/sand, so why was the action and justification of Iblis wrong?
  • Iblis promised Allah that he would lead most of humanity to the hellfire. Despite Allah sending over 100,000 prophets and messengers, Iblis fulfilled his promise. Iblis "challenged" Allah and he has seemingly won in his challenge. This an insult to Allah, so how would He respond to Iblis and exact His retribution on him?
  • Is there a connection between the response of Allah to Iblis, and Doomsday (The Hour/Day of Destruction)

This research paper has been written from the perspective of the creed that follows the principles of Tawheed. Anyone who does not hold similar beliefs is encouraged to read through it with an open mind.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...f=true&sd=true

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Murid
02-04-2022, 10:45 PM
:salam::bism:Dear AgoSuRvIvOr123, thank you for you scientific topic.Please do not be offended for my words. I'm not that good in English and it is anonymus. You seem masha Allah to have put some sincere and serious effort, without any malignant intentions.You seem to me that you are maybe good person, a revert from christianity or a christian (or maybe other religion or scientific based) scholar. You seem to lack some basic understanding that are very spread, I think so, among general muslim population.Please read:https://islamqa.info/en/answers/8996...-his-handsmini, mini, benevolent review, from me, lacking a lot of knowledge and insight:-we do not compare Allah (except "comparison" given in primary sources, for example Allah is seventy times more merciful to human than the mercy of his mother; but Arabic has its "numbers", polysemy, metaphores etc.) to human and do not use antropomorphism.-we do not strive to talk about Allahs zat-before humans there were jinns on earth-fire is nothing if Allah wants it to be nothing, Allah lowers and rises, honors and dishonors creatures, as He wishes it the best of manners-His image is understand as He wanted, He made out of clay as in the best of image, as He wanted, and his soul as He wanted, in the best of manner, in a lot better manner then other creatures insha Allah-Allahs hands are above comparison (again Arabic, polysemy, metaphors, explanation in primary sources and kallem (good "shia" sources from first generations))-Allah has no sharik in His dominion-there is no such concept King on earth (can do what He loves, with the church "blessings", God in heaven)-it must be lawful, good, fair (you can study this for years, and there are states implementing law and you should live as a lawful good person and not implement law unlawfully with your hands. We are against fitna and terrorism. We must as much as possible abstain from every type of sins, dhulm, foolishness and error.)-you can do 1 million major sins and Allah can forgive you out of His mercy-think about Iblis, did he reject Allahs mercy and wanted to be anti God?-it is a great, great mockery to compare a creature with Allah, like Iblis hikmah and knowledge against Allah-we have huda and mercy from Allah, we have primary sources, we must do our best to follow, and it will be noor for us and best of ways insha Allah (a lot of deen, ibadah, best of manners to creation, best of ahlaq, staying away from every type of sinn, dhulumat, injustice....)-lot of sincere studying needed under knowledgable tutor, like for example Prof Abdul Hakim Murad in CMC-lot of "form" needed, lot of dua, ibadah, like fasting etc., inshaAllah, my opinion and Allah decides.-my intention was not to refute your lines, there is a lot, lot more to refute-hopefully you will get some seeked insightPlease excuse me for my mistakes here.Please excuse me for the post formatting, it is done on handheld and does not follow what I want. Subhanakallahumma wa be hamdika. Eshadu allailaha illa anta. Astagfiruka wa atubu ilayka.

Ascended_Being
02-04-2022, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Murid
:salam::bism:Dear AgoSuRvIvOr123, thank you for you scientific topic.Please do not be offended for my words. I'm not that good in English and it is anonymus. You seem masha Allah to have put some sincere and serious effort, without any malignant intentions.You seem to me that you are maybe good person, a revert from christianity or a christian (or maybe other religion or scientific based) scholar. You seem to lack some basic understanding that are very spread, I think so, among general muslim population.Please read:https://islamqa.info/en/answers/8996...-his-handsmini, mini, benevolent review, from me, lacking a lot of knowledge and insight:-we do not compare Allah (except "comparison" given in primary sources, for example Allah is seventy times more merciful to human than the mercy of his mother; but Arabic has its "numbers", polysemy, methaphores etc.) to human and do not use antropomorphism.-we do not strive to talk about Allahs zat-before humans there were jinns on earth-fire is nothing if Allah wants it to be nothing, Allah lowers and rises, honors and dishonors creatures, as Ge wishes it the best of manners-His image is understand as He wanted, He made out of clay as in the best of image, as He wanted, and his soul as He wanted, in the best of manner, in a lot better manner then other creatures insha Allah-Allahs hands are above comparison (again Arabic, polysemy, metgaphors, explanation in primary sources and kallem (good "shia" sources from first generations))-Allah has no sharik in His dominion-there is no such concept King on earth (can do what He loves, with the church "blessings", God in heaven)-it must be lawful, good, fair (you can study this for years, and there are states implementing law and you should live as a lawful good person and not implement law unlawfully with your hands. We are against fitna and terrorism. we must as much as poasible abstain from every type of sins, dhulm, foolishness and error.)-you can do 1 million major sins and Allah can forgive you out of His mercy-think about Iblis, did he reject Allahs mercy and wanted to be anti God?-it is a great, great mockery to compare a creature with Allah, like Iblis hikmah and knowledge against Allah-we have huda and mercy from Allah, we have primary sources, we must do our best to follow, and it will be noor for us and best of ways insha Allah (a lot of deen, ibadah, best of manners to creation, best of ahlaq, staying away from every type of sinn, dhulumat, injustice....)-lot of sincere studying needed under knowledgable tutor, like for example Prof Abdul Hakim Murad in CMC-lot of "form" needed, lot of dua, ibadah, like fasting etc., inshaAllah, my opinion and Allah decides.-my intention was not to refute your lines, there is a lot, lot more to refute-hopefully you will get some seeked insightPlease excuse me for my mistakes here.Please excuse me for the post formatting, it is done on handheld and does not follow what I want. Subhanakallahumma wa be hamdika. Eshadu allailaha illa anta. Astagfiruka wa atubu ilayka.

Assalamu alaikum brother. I appreciate your kind reply and really respect your view. Perhaps you have misunderstood some of my research as there is a language barrier.

As for comparing Allah to His creation, we cannot do this and you are correct. However, We can contrast the qualities of Allah to His creation.
The difference between Comparing and Contrasting is that Comparing implies that the object belongs to the same category (or shares similar qualities) to the object being compared with.

On the other hand, contrast means to compare two objects with do not share any similar qualities in order to show the vastness of difference between them.

Anthopomorphism is something that one would have an issue with, depending on the sect or methodology one belongs to. The site you quoted also affirms the physical attributes of Allah the Almighty. I follow the principles of Ahlu Hadeeth, and I presume you must be an adherent to a sufi order (with all due respect)

What language do you speak brother? (If you speak arabic, I might be able to translate some of my work, although my arabic is not fluent.

Murid
02-05-2022, 12:34 AM
:salam:I wont argue and refute further. I think enough is said in the post above, except "one": there are human characteristics loved by Allah and even they are not contrasted-we have our human characteristics. Please do not make further fast opinions on muslim scholars and sites. It does not go this way. What you write, you seem to misuse a lot of time and resources. Please find a good alim/imam/mufti/scholar/philosopher to sincerely study a lot further, or if someone is willing to address your hypotheses in detail. I think GMC Islamic psychology and other their diplomas are a good start. We should make a lot of sunnah dua like Allahumma inni asalukal huda wesedad, Rabbi zidni ilman warzuqni fahman, Allahumma alhimni rushdi wa aizni min sharri nafsi.Please find in Arabic. Wish you all the best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ascended_Being
02-05-2022, 12:53 AM
Assalamu alaikum murid. I respect your view and have considered your arguments. Although our understanding differs on the meaning of the word "Successor", we can both agree upon the fact that Allah is unique in His names, attributes, actions and essence. Succeeding something does not necessarily entail sharing similar or equal qualities (which a lot of people misunderstand).

Anyway, have a nice day

Revert alYunani
02-06-2022, 02:07 PM
the creed that follows the principles of Tawheed

Whats the name of this creed?

Ascended_Being
02-06-2022, 03:48 PM
The methodology is known as:
Ahlul Hadith: the people of hadith
Ahlul Athar: the people of the narration
As-Salafiyyah: the methodology of the first three praised generations

However, no scholar ever came to this conclusion in the hypothesis as I have, simply because they overlooked one single factor: the meaning of the word Successor.

For centuries, scholars have debated amongst one another and have only understood the word Successor to be "replacing the original with the new", even though linguistically it means "to follow up, to follow through in a particular quality".

This conclusion is relatively new, and has not been published, nor are any of the scholars of our time are even aware of this conclusion. However, just because the concept of Khalifah has not been interpreted in this way does not negate the possibility of it coming true. At the end of the day, it is a hypothesis, which answers the following questions:

- why Allah created humanity according to His image, and why He created them out of clay
- why Allah the almighty prefers clay over fire
- how Allah will exact His retribution on Iblis in a manner befitting His majesty

Murid
02-06-2022, 04:17 PM
:salam:

Interesting diagrams and charts do you have. Sadly, I think how would you be called in an institution which uses such diagrams.

What do you study? You seem really new to the topics.

Some "questions" of yours really do not deserve answering.

Please visit:

https://www.islamandquran.org/resear...fa-of-god.html

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-m7twsfowzg

Ascended_Being
02-06-2022, 05:20 PM
Again, the link to the article you have provided is correct, for indeed no one can Replace or take the place of Allah the Almighty.

That is not, however, what my hypothesis proposes. Your understanding of the meaning of the word Successor is entirely different to the definition mentioned in the paper.

It is possible for a human to be the "Second-Most" to Allah in particular quality.

For example, Allah is merciful, and the human being is also merciful. But the mercy of the human being is not like the mercy of Allah. Allah is generous, and the human being has generosity to a certain level. But the generosity of the human is not like the generosity of Allah.

It is also possible for a creation to be the "best" in a particular quality. In this case, such a creation would be the "second-most" to Allah.

As for your mindset of how a human being cannot be the second-most to Allah, we cannot question Allah's ability to choose any one of His creations to be His successor

You have to see through the fatwas and interpretations of the scholars, as they are subject to change with improvement in understanding of the world around us.

You also lack the proper understanding of the names and attributes of Allah, for you to criticise on the points that you have mentioned

Revert alYunani
02-06-2022, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SuRvIvOr123
However, no scholar ever came to this conclusion in the hypothesis as I have, simply because they overlooked one single factor: the meaning of the word Successor.
Poor scholars dont know anything. We are so lucky to have you

Ascended_Being
02-06-2022, 05:47 PM
I take that as a sarcasm. Lol.
Judging by your username you must be a revert. This topic should no be of any focus to you as there are more fundamental concepts of Islam which one mist grasp.
E.g.

The concept of Emaan and Kufr, Tawheed and its categories, the concept of innovation and the principles of Divine Decree.

Murid
02-06-2022, 05:51 PM

:bism:

To make something easier, here are some "questions".

What is arsh, what is kursi?

What is Qalam?

How many humans live and have lived? What is one human?

Again, image is the image as Allah wanted, not shadow replica!

Please see the Youtube link above.

It is enough from me.

I think your institution can help you a lot more further, but you shall also study islamuc sciences at least, with sincerity and a lot of dua and other nawafil.

Wish you all the best.

May Allah guide you and protect you.

Ascended_Being
02-06-2022, 05:55 PM
Again, the concept of Arsh, Kursiyy, and Qalam differ depending on which sect you belong to.

The mainstream sufi orders deny the fact that Allah is a physical being, and that He does not have a physical form. I respect your right to disagree as our viewpoints and sources of interpretation differ.

Wish you all the best too.

May Allah grant us all goodness.

Ümit
02-07-2022, 08:45 AM
I initially wanted to say a few things but I decided not to, because you need a lesson or two about humility.
Good for you you discovered something that no one else in the whole wide world thought about it ever...that makes you a wise man...however, basic things like kindness, respect, modesty and humility are lacking.
We muslims do not judge a book by its cover.
The way you think that you know something that nobody else knows, and the way you have convinced yourself about it shows the amount of arrogance is present with you.
Reverts usually have a lot of wisdom in them. they do not become reverts for fun, but because they are truely convinced what they hear and read. not like most of us born muslims who take it for granted for being muslim, but never made the effort to truely think about what they truely believe in.
Therefore, to put a revert aside like, "he is just a revert and therefore not worthy for this thread" is totally unacceptable.

I found your hypothesis kinda messy...you are all over the play. there are a lot of words, but you say nothing.
You believe you found the true meaning of successor, but you are afraid to speculate whether Allah already made his choice or He yet has to decide?
You as a believer that the All Knowing Allah, who is beyond the grasp of time, who knows every detail of our past, present and future, way way before we were created, has yet to decide who His sucessor is going to be?

let me put it different to you
He who is beyond the grasp of time, did not decide yet who His successor is going to be? what is He waiting for? Time?

I think you know already a lot, but you should also realize:

Only a fool knows everything. A wise man knows how little he knows.

Ascended_Being
02-07-2022, 11:31 AM
Calm down dude, go and de-stress

I never claimed to know everything. You're exaggerating and making claims about me without evidence.

Perhaps you have confused the Almighty's choice with His divine decree. Yes, Allah already knows whom He would choose (if this hypothesis is correct). But we cannot go about and say "oh, the Successor has already been chosen before the last and final messenger", nor can we say "He hasn't chosen anyone yet" because we don't know the unseen. Rather, what is more appropriate to say is: "He knows the fate of the entire creation, and knows whom He would choose"

Your judgement about me:
The fact that no scholar ever came to this conclusion (I could not find any works) does not necessarily imply that I am arrogant. It's not my concern nor my fault why no one else chose to come to this hypothetical conclusion. The possible reason for the failure of others coming to this conclusion, has also been mentioned in the Conclusion section.

Don't like it, just move on.

Ümit
02-07-2022, 12:10 PM
Do something about your atitude. Learn how to behave respectfully with each other. Then we can talk.

Ascended_Being
02-07-2022, 12:25 PM
We are all self improving at all times.

Your criticisms are not strong enough that they're laughable. Try to come up with points from the hypothesis that are actually worth reading, instead of picking on my choice of words.

Have a good day

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't know my research would offend you. Cant do anything about it though.

Ascended_Being
02-07-2022, 12:34 PM
Cant help you with that though

Ascended_Being
02-07-2022, 12:47 PM
Ignore my previous comments. I sincerely apologise for offending you in anyway with my choice of words. I have taken your criticisms into consideration and will improve upon and revise my research.

Feedback is what I am looking for anyway. And I have it now.

Regards,
SuRvIvOr

Ümit
02-08-2022, 08:06 AM
Ignore my previous comments. I sincerely apologise for offending you in anyway with my choice of words. I have taken your criticisms into consideration and will improve upon and revise my research.Feedback is what I am looking for anyway. And I have it now.Regards,SuRvIvOr
You didn't offend me. Thanks for your apologies, but you have to apologize to revert al yunani, not to me.
But still, glad you've decided to change your tone.

Your work is too long to respond to everything, but i can try to respond to it generally.

First the answers in your first post:
Why did Allah decide to create a new creation (humanity) when He was already being worshipped by the angels in the heavens?
You said yourself in your work that Allah is Almighty. That He is in no need of ANY help. He does not need anything or anyone. Not even strong, powerful and obedient angels who never get tired, sleepy, sick, hungry or whatever.
So we know Allah does not create out of need. Creating is simply just one of Allahs attributes. That is what He does, creating.
It is somewhat a bad comparison, I'm sorry for that, but,
you do not ask a painter why he paints
you do not ask a child why it builds a sand castle

They do not (usually) do that out of need. Allah created us out of mercy, out of love. He created us because that is what He does.
And He also said that we are the best of creation.
The part about clay being better than fire because of humility was a good point, I didn't think about it like that.
That could be one of the reasons why we are the best of creation.
However, another reason is our free will.
You see, angels just do what they are programmed for. They are very very powerful, but they have no choice.
They do not have the option to refuse, to rebel, to be lazy or whatever.

We humans do have all those options, and that is why we are the best of creation.
We use our free will, to voluntarily obey and serve Allah.
We are not that powerful like angels, (but then again, Allah does not need any powerful creatures anyways) we choose to be good. We choose to serve Allah
That is why free will is so important for us.

That is what makes us better than the angels.

• Why did He create Humanity according to His Image, and if so, why did He create them out of clay?
  • Fire is naturally more powerful than clay/sand, so why was the action and justification of Iblis wrong?

You already answered these questions in your work. Thanks for the answers, I have nothing to add.
About the justification of Iblis:
Allah gave a direct order to bow and Iblis refused, which is wrong from every point of view.

Besides, there is no such thing like one element being better than another....because what does that exactly mean? better in what?
The word "better" need to be defined.
In the emission of heat and light, yes fire is better than clay.
In destruction of stuff, maybe..
in creating a shelter from danger, cold and rain, clay is better than fire.
and so on.

• Iblis promised Allah that he would lead most of humanity to the hellfire. Despite Allah sending over 100,000 prophets and messengers, Iblis fulfilled his promise. Iblis "challenged" Allah and he has seemingly won in his challenge. This an insult to Allah, so how would He respond to Iblis and exact His retribution on him?

• Is there a connection between the response of Allah to Iblis, and Doomsday (The Hour/Day of Destruction)
Iblis did not win anything. There is no contest going on. If Allah wanted, He could create us all as believers, but He wanted us to use our free will to do good, to find the right path...to find Allah.
We are the ones in contest here, not Allah.

It is not like most non-muslims think, God represents everything that is good and satan represents everything that is bad.
We muslims do not support that. We believe that good and bad are both creations of Allah.

About your work, I did not read everything...it was way too long.
I've read the first 10 chapters, after that, scanned the document, read some chapters in the middle that seemed interesting, and finally your summary and conclusion.

You think that the successor is a person amongst us, from the past or from the future, already chosen or yet to be chosen and not neccessarily Muhammad sas.
I am not convinced of that. I always thought Successor was meant as a group of people.
To be more precise, the part of humanity that used their free will to serve Allah and therefore passed the test (in other words everyone that reaches Heaven)...and not just one person.
Those group of humanity is the best of creation, and therefore successors of Allah.

There are some other points that I did not agree with. I can't remember all of them, but one point was in chapter 24 That the successor should have knowledge about the unseen.
I am still wondering how you get to this conclusion when there are verses, crystal clear, (verses which you even yourself mentioned by the way) say:
((عَالِمُ الْغَيْبِ فَلَا يُظْهِرُ عَلَىٰ غَيْبِهِ أَحَدًا))
“(He is) Knower of the unseen, and He does not disclose His (knowledge of the) unseen to anyone.” [72:26]
((قُل لَّا يَعْلَمُ مَن فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ الْغَيْبَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ ۚ))
“Say (O Muhammad), ‘None in the heavens and the earth knows the unseen except Allah” [27:65]
I do not understand how you can still come to the conclusion that:
Therefore, the Successor would be the only creation whom Allah would disclose His knowledge of the unseen to, and the Successor would never disclose any of His knowledge to any of His creation.
That doesn't make any sense.

Ascended_Being
02-08-2022, 10:30 AM
Are you revert al yunani. I was actually having a laugh with him (not being rude).

I respect your view of this Successor not being a single person, as for the knowledge of the unseen, they can be divided into two types:

- Knowledge of the eternal past and future
- Secrets of the Universe (ghayb us samaawaati wal ard

The first type, no one can know except Allah the almighty.

The second type, a creation can know about it but only to a certain limit, depending on their rank. If this successor exists, then he would transcend the entire universe and be at Allah's side (close to His Throne). What this means is that the Successor would be well-aquainted with the affairs of Allah with His creation. It would not be permissible for the successor to disclose any of His knowledge without His permission.

As for Allah creating a new creation, my point was that He loves worship, and perhaps He would bring out someone from this new creation who would worship Him the way He deserves, something neither the angels nor djinn nor the rest of mankind are able to do.

When Allah Wills or does something, it is not out of need, but rather out of His love and preference, or Justice

Ümit
02-08-2022, 10:53 AM
Are you revert al yunani. I was actually having a laugh with him (not being rude).

I respect your view of this Successor not being a single person, as for the knowledge of the unseen, they can be divided into two types:

- Knowledge of the eternal past and future
- Secrets of the Universe (ghayb us samaawaati wal ard

The first type, no one can know except Allah the almighty.

The second type, a creation can know about it but only to a certain limit, depending on their rank. If this successor exists, then he would transcend the entire universe and be at Allah's side (close to His Throne). What this means is that the Successor would be well-aquainted with the affairs of Allah with His creation. It would not be permissible for the successor to disclose any of His knowledge without His permission.

As for Allah creating a new creation, my point was that He loves worship, and perhaps He would bring out someone from this new creation who would worship Him the way He deserves, something neither the angels nor djinn nor the rest of mankind are able to do
No I am not revert al yunani,

I already understood that you divided ghayb into two categories, however, even your second type means infinite knowledge because the secrets of the universe is unlimited.
we humans are not just finite creatures...we are very very limited creatures. We use science to discover some of the secrets of the universe, but that what we have discovered so far is not even the tip of the iceberg.
We are not designed to contain such knowledge...besides, if someone has all the knowledge of the second type, wouldn't he be able to derive (at least a part of) knowledge of the eternal past and future? (which is impossible)

The successor how you define the word should be someone powerful. someone with infinite knowledge. we humans are not designed for such a task, but then again, we do not have to. The only thing that counts is that we are willingly serving Allah. That makes us the successors of Allah...the highest of ranks...the best of creation.

so I don't think this definition of yours about the successor is correct.

Ascended_Being
02-08-2022, 11:24 AM
Again, I understand your view and the justification behind it. Humans are finite creatures, but we must never underestimate or doubt Allah's ability to make one of His slaves from among humanity His Deputy and Right Hand.
This is like asking how the dead will be resurrected. If we believe in resurrection, then the hypothetical scenario of Allah choosing His successor from amongst humanity must not strike a doubt in our hearts

- - - Updated - - -

The universe has a limit. There are 7 heavens in total. Had the universe been infinite as atheists like to say, then this would conflict with the transcendence of Allah the Almighty.

Allah is above His Throne above the universe, and so the universe must be finite. Yes, we humans are so small that to us this universe may seem infinite.

Ascended_Being
02-08-2022, 12:52 PM
For example, if you were a king of a land, then you would never disclose personal information about the country to your people except that which benefits them.
However, at the same time, if you had a deputy by your side, then that deputy would be the only person to whom you would disclose any secret information, and that deputy would not disclose any of the information to your people without your permission.

To Allah belongs the highest examples, and the rank of the Successor would be the pinnacle of what a creation can achieve, there cannot possibly be another rank higher than this. The name "Successor" says it all.

Ümit
02-08-2022, 02:16 PM
No.
I do not agree with you on this one.

It is all pretty clear.

Allah said:
“Indeed, I will place in earth a Khalifah” [2:30]

Then He Created this successor or Khalifah (Adam as) and ordered everyone to bow before it.
Iblis refused and said fire is better than clay so he will continue to lead mankind off the right path until judgement day.

So either the successor is Adam as, or the human kind in general.
If it was just Adam as, then Iblis would just make effort to lead only Adam as off the right path...we know that is not true.
Therefore, "the successor" is not only Adam as, it is the human kind in general...but only the believers of course...the non-believers are the worst of all creation.

let me put it in a different way.

Before humans, Iblis was the successor...he was the most powerful creature in existence, even more powerful than the angels and other jinns. He was one of a kind.
when Allah created Adam as, Ibliss who was very very powerful lost that successor status to Adam as, which compared to Iblis is a weak, limited creature.
He could not bare that Adam as, despite being limited and weak was higher in rank than he, therefore he swore to lead all of mankind off the right path...
This means that not just Adam as has the successor status, the whole righteous believing human kind has this successor status.

Believing that Allah chooses one successor among humans and gives him knowledge of the ghayb among with perhaps other powers to rule over the universe as His right hand is in my opinion as wrong as you can get.

Ascended_Being
02-08-2022, 02:55 PM
Well, at the end of the day it is just a perspective from the many perspectives on the concept of Khalifah. Adam AS could not have been the true Successor as Allah had made him a prophet. The same goes for every other prophet and messenger (they had a fixed duty to perform).

Not many people know or even believe in such a concept because perhaps, the Almighty has reserved this station for one person only. As a result, there would be no false claimants and hence no one would even commit shirk by praying (supplicating) to the successor, like many people do regarding the awliyaa and saints.

Other factors which lead to differences in views regarding the hypothesis is the varying sects and different understanding of Tawheed.

It was nice speaking to you, though, I apologise again for my misconduct, and wish you all the best in your journey towards paradise.

May Allah grant us all goodness.

Ascended_Being
02-08-2022, 03:08 PM
I would like to add to my previous comment: Iblis was not the successor, but rather the head of a certain group of angels. Allah would never prefer or make equal any of His creations over His Successor.

The fact that iblis was commanded to bow to adam proves that He did not Succeed Allah the Almighty.

Iblis is perhaps ignorant when it comes to the wisdom of Allah, and why He prefers humanity over other creations (mainly because of the nature of humility of clay).
Iblis is trying to prove a point by leading most of humanity astray into the hellfire, but perhaps Allah is responding by telling him that the purpose of creating humanity was not to save them all from hell, but something else.

Moreover, it is not befitting for the successor to rule the universe on behalf of the Almighty. If you had read my research clearly, you would see that I mentioned 5 categories which is befitting for non except Allah to perform:
1) creation
2) provision
3) legislation
4) judgement
5) management (ruling the universe)

Ümit
02-10-2022, 12:11 PM
I would like to add to my previous comment: Iblis was not the successor, but rather the head of a certain group of angels.
According the definition of successor you assume to be true. Successor can also simply mean "highest of ranks", "best of creations". you cannot just rule that out.
Allah would never prefer or make equal any of His creations over His Successor.
According the definition of successor you assume to be true. Successor can also simply mean "highest of ranks", "best of creations". you cannot just rule that out.

The fact that iblis was commanded to bow to adam proves that He did not Succeed Allah the Almighty.
again...According the definition of successor you assume to be true. Successor can also simply mean "highest of ranks", "best of creations". you cannot just rule that out.

Iblis is perhaps ignorant when it comes to the wisdom of Allah, and why He prefers humanity over other creations (mainly because of the nature of humility of clay).
Iblis is trying to prove a point by leading most of humanity astray into the hellfire, but perhaps Allah is responding by telling him that the purpose of creating humanity was not to save them all from hell, but something else.

Moreover, it is not befitting for the successor to rule the universe on behalf of the Almighty. If you had read my research clearly, you would see that I mentioned 5 categories which is befitting for non except Allah to perform:
1) creation
2) provision
3) legislation
4) judgement
5) management (ruling the universe)
Well...I lack the needed knowledge to give you a definite answer on this subject, but just jumping into conclusions because of not more than hunches and assumptions is risky.

So I cannot prove you wrong...but my gut feeling still says that this hypothesis is wrong on all sides.

Ascended_Being
02-10-2022, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit

again...According the definition of successor you assume to be true. Successor can also simply mean "highest of ranks", "best of creations". you cannot just rule that out.
The core linguistic meaning of the word Successor is "to follow", "to be the second-most to the first". For example, if I am the tallest person in a group of people, and the second tallest is you, and there is no other person who is taller than you and shorter than me, then by definition, you "Succeed" me in height i.e. you are the second-most to me. This the universal definition and I did not make this up.

You may say: "Well, what if another person joins the group who is taller than me but shorter than you, that means that someone else Succeeds you in height". My Answer: Well, the difference between the example and reality is that in reality, every single being in existence is a creation of Allah, and there is no living being except that Allah is the Sole creator of it. So by definition, out of all of Allah's creation, only one creature may succeed Him.

Allah is the Owner and Absolute King, there is nothing equal to Him, but the closest a slave of His can come to Him is to Succeed Him i.e. to be the second-most to Him in status and greatness. i.e. Allah is the greatest. The second in greatness would be His Successor, in other words, the Successor would follow in greatness to Allah, such that there cannot be another creation who would be greater than the Successor and closer to Allah than him.

If we look at the world around us, every single leader, prime minister, king, mafia boss or CEO has or has the potential of having a successor (one who would succeed the first in authority without the first disappearing.

If we say that the above logic is wrong, then by that very logic there could have been multiple people who would have held the title of the "Last and Final Messenger". It does not make any sense, because there can only be 'One' last, and 'One' first, and hence 'One' who succeeds the first.

Our Prophet PBUH was the last and final messenger sent to humanity and Djinn, and is the Imam (leader) of all the Prophets. There cannot be 'Multiple' leaders as this would result in authority-related conflict.

Yes, the Successor is replaceable should he disobey or rebel against Allah the Almighty.

Because there can only be One King, One Sovereign, there can also only be one Successor to that King and Sovereign, who would succeed in Authority (Sovereignty on the other hand, belongs to Allah). Had there been multiple creations who would share in Succession, then there would be conflict.

Because of the above, if there is a Successor to Allah, then if Allah favors another creation over His Successor, then this would be injustice, and Allah has forbidden injustice upon Himself.

Ascended_Being
02-10-2022, 12:38 PM
"but just jumping into conclusions because of not more than hunches and assumptions is risky." <--

Hence, I have called this work a hypothesis. It is something that is entirely possible, but We cannot affirm it ourselves. A Hypothesis is a theory or assumption based on limited evidence.

The same can be said for other concepts such as the "Existence of Aliens" or "The Possibility of Time Travel" etc... we can only hypothesize, but not conclude with it 100%

Ümit
02-10-2022, 01:00 PM
The core linguistic meaning of the word Successor is "to follow", "to be the second-most to the first". For example, if I am the tallest person in a group of people, and the second tallest is you, and there is no other person who is taller than you and shorter than me, then by definition, you "Succeed" me in height i.e. you are the second-most to me. This the universal definition and I did not make this up.

You may say: "Well, what if another person joins the group who is taller than me but shorter than you, that means that someone else Succeeds you in height". My Answer: Well, the difference between the example and reality is that in reality, every single being in existence is a creation of Allah, and there is no living being except that Allah is the Sole creator of it. So by definition, out of all of Allah's creation, only one creature may succeed Him.

Allah is the Owner and Absolute King, there is nothing equal to Him, but the closest a slave of His can come to Him is to Succeed Him i.e. to be the second-most to Him in status and greatness. i.e. Allah is the greatest. The second in greatness would be His Successor, in other words, the Successor would follow in greatness to Allah, such that there cannot be another creation who would be greater than the Successor and closer to Allah than him.

If we look at the world around us, every single leader, prime minister, king, mafia boss or CEO has or has the potential of having a successor (one who would succeed the first in authority without the first disappearing.

If we say that the above logic is wrong, then by that very logic there could have been multiple people who would have held the title of the "Last and Final Messenger". It does not make any sense, because there can only be 'One' last, and 'One' first, and hence 'One' who succeeds the first.

Our Prophet PBUH was the last and final messenger sent to humanity and Djinn, and is the Imam (leader) of all the Prophets. There cannot be 'Multiple' leaders as this would result in authority-related conflict.

Yes, the Successor is replaceable should he disobey or rebel against Allah the Almighty.

Because there can only be One King, One Sovereign, there can also only be one Successor to that King and Sovereign, who would succeed in Authority (Sovereignty on the other hand, belongs to Allah). Had there been multiple creations who would share in Succession, then there would be conflict.

Because of the above, if there is a Successor to Allah, then if Allah favors another creation over His Successor, then this would be injustice, and Allah has forbidden injustice upon Himself.
Yes, that is exactly the definition I thought was true.

I thought you meant more like "ruling the universe as a deputee"...making decisions for Allah and stuff like that. Then we understood each other wrong...Im sorry for that...but you specifically spoke about a deputee and Allah granting the successor knowledge of the unseen (second part) etc.
I have a problem with that definition of successor. The way you describe it now is OK.

Ascended_Being
02-10-2022, 01:15 PM
Alhamdulillah. It was perhaps an error on my part. I should have clarified what the hypothetical Successor cannot do before I mentioned his qualities.

At the end of the day, it is a possibility. But we must acknowledge that Allah is not in need of a Successor, and that if He does take a Successor, it does not add to His kingdom in the slightest.

Knowledge of the unseen belongs to Allah alone, and if He takes a Successor, then that Successor would be the most knowledgeable creation to know the unseen (it does not mean that the Successor knows EVERYTHING).

I'm glad we understand each other. Perhaps I should do a hypothesis on Time Travel, or the possibility of the existence of Aliens.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.