/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on a hadith

anonymous
02-17-2022, 11:59 AM
I would like to start fasting Mondays and Thursdays but I wanted to read more about the background of it. I noticed on islamqa that one of the hadith mentioned was:

Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Deeds are shown (to Allah) on Mondays and Thursdays, and I like my deeds to be shown when I am fasting.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 747; classed as saheeh by al-Albani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1041)
Are the deeds that are shown to Allah given to Him by the angels who record the deeds? I understand why deeds are recorded as they are shown to us on the day of judgement as a form of justice against ourselves, but why are deeds being shown to Allah on these days when Allah is already aware of everything being done? I hesitated making this thread because of the nature of the question but I really would like to understand this better. InshaAllah it will be beneficial

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
irama
02-22-2022, 11:48 PM
In Islam, certain days, months and times are favored over the other. There are 4 sacred months in Islam because Allah favored those over the other. Jummah is superior to rest of the days because it is favored over the other days. Just as such, among the voluntary fasting days, fasting on Mondays and Thursdays is superior because the Prophet (S) favored them over the other days by fasting on them. In justifying his fasting on them very often, he informed us that a person’s deeds are shown to Allah The Almighty on these days, according to the quoted narration.

As for deeds shown to Allah on those days, it may be just a progress report of seeing how the servant is doing and a means of angels being witness to what the servant did. Allah is already aware and doesn't need any reports but He does so more for our benefit, and what better way to send your progress report above then adding extra deeds to it and pleasing Allah by fasting those days...

anonymous
02-23-2022, 02:29 PM
Thank you for the reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.