/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I think often of things I have said in the past as a kid

anonymous
02-23-2022, 03:55 AM
When I was 11 or 12 I was bullied by a few boys, one day out of the blue I told one "I hope your mom dies"...and said it in a Church. Shockingly a few months later his dad died...which makes me feel worst about it otherwise I may not even think about it.

I honestly feel so sad and regretful that I said something so horrible to another kid...is this something I need to repent for and also maybe tell him I am sorry as well? or would I be opening a can of worms of something he may not even remember?

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to add *thankfully it wasn't his mom, but either way still terrible.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Flos
02-23-2022, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
When I was 11 or 12 I was bullied by a few boys, one day out of the blue I told one "I hope your mom dies"...and said it in a Church. Shockingly a few months later his dad died...which makes me feel worst about it otherwise I may not even think about it.

I honestly feel so sad and regretful that I said something so horrible to another kid...is this something I need to repent for and also maybe tell him I am sorry as well? or would I be opening a can of worms of something he may not even remember?

- - - Updated - - -

Depends when did you become sexually mature. Before maturity, you're fine. Also, if you were Christian and now revert Muslim, the moment you said your shahada you're forgiven.

On the other hand, you just said "I hope" and I don't think you actually made a dua or a curse. And if you made a dua, Allah doesn't accept haram duas, so it's not your fault for what happened and you didn't kill anyone. Relax. Maybe shaytan is reminding you of things from childhood. And last thing - if it was a curse or dua, you said clearly "mom" and his dad died.

Supernova
02-24-2022, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

- - - Updated - - -

Asalaamulaykum

You are not at loss if you repent and apologise. You two may even laugh about it now.
We all grow up, mature and laugh about things of the past even though it might have been volatile back then.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.