/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Struggling with my past

AmiraJess
02-28-2022, 05:22 PM
Salaam everyone! I am reverting to Islam soon, in sha Allah!

Though I am entering into a new life, but I am afraid of my past.

I was a famous model who posed in lads magazines and led a promiscuous lifestyle. Ever since I started to deeply indulge in Islam, I have deleted all my pictures which are haraam, deleted my Insta and started to dress modestly.

However, my modelling pictures are still visible online. What if anyone sees my pictures and treat me as an unworthy woman?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
eesa the kiwi
02-28-2022, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmiraJess

I was a famous model who posed in lads magazines and led a promiscuous lifestyle. Ever since I started to deeply indulge in Islam, I have deleted all my pictures which are haraam, deleted my Insta and started to dress modestly.

However, my modelling pictures are still visible online. What if anyone sees my pictures and treat me as an unworthy woman?

Wa alaikum Salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Congratulations on coming to Islam may Allah bless you.

Islam wipes out the sins that came before it so when you enter Islam all your sins are wiped clean. So you are sinless.

As for the pictures that remain online that is out of your control. Do your best to remove but if you cant you cant.

You may encounter ignorance from Muslims with how they treat you but remember you are doing this for the one who created you, the one who taught us the one who repents from sin is like the one who does not sin.

Congratulations again on coming to Islam.

Flos
03-01-2022, 04:41 PM
Assalamu alaikum sister,

Don't worry, when you do your best leave the rest to Allah. He'll cover you. And welcome to Islam!

irama
03-01-2022, 09:39 PM
Wa alaikum Salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh As others said, Islam wipes out what came before it. you did your part in removing the content that was under your control. Other content can be removed from other sites as well as adult sites if you request them to, unless they have rights to it then it may not be possible. You can try requesting the content to be removed, if they don't then not much you can do about it. Just pray for the best and focus on growing your religion. If any Muslim sees the pictures and say something rude, just remind that hidaya (guidance) is from Allah alone and they should fear Allah in what they say or how they treat others.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AmiraJess
03-05-2022, 05:38 AM
Thank you all for the encouragement and advices.

Supernova
03-05-2022, 08:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmiraJess

Asalaamualaykum

Simply put, the worthiness of you coming into Islam far outweighs the unworthiness (if deemed by you or others) of your past.

The 2nd khalif of Islam (Hz Umar) was taking the sword to harm the Prophet SAW, and then became Muslim. In Islamic history we have never covered this event, convoluted it, twisted it or buried it.
Till this very day it is printed in Islamic History books. The acceptance of his deen out-shone the intent of harming the very Rasool SAW.

The footprints of wrong that you have trailing your character, is proof that you left a wrong to accept a right. That my dear is not a burden, its a honour of your character for making the right choice.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.