/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how to get rid of or dispose of books with fabricated hadith?

Simply_Logical
04-15-2022, 03:50 AM
Assalamualaikum wah rahmatullahi wah barakatuhu

Hey people so need a quick hand for a start I'd like to know how do i get rid of or dispose of books with fabricated hadith?

Also there's a few books I got that I'd like to know if he's fall into the category of having fabricated hadith

Thanks jazakAllah khayran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
04-16-2022, 06:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical
Assalamualaikum wah rahmatullahi wah barakatuhu

Hey people so need a quick hand for a start I'd like to know how do i get rid of or dispose of books with fabricated hadith?

Also there's a few books I got that I'd like to know if he's fall into the category of having fabricated hadith

Thanks jazakAllah khayran
Wa Alaikum Asalaam,

Firstly any unwanted Islamic literature should be donated to Masjids or libraries within Masjids. If one wants to dispose of them then the best method is to wrap up the Islamic material, papers, or Qur’ān copies and then bury them in a place which is not commonly walked upon. If one is not able to do so then the last resort would be to burn them.

With regards to what are considered as books with "fabricated" Hadith then this is not something you should ask the opinions of lay people as you will get differing opinions depending on the methodology of the person replying. Therefore you should consult with a trustworthy Scholar/s on the books you are referring to and also do your own unbiased research.

Simply_Logical
04-18-2022, 12:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Wa Alaikum Asalaam,

Firstly any unwanted Islamic literature should be donated to Masjids or libraries within Masjids. If one wants to dispose of them then the best method is to wrap up the Islamic material, papers, or Qur’ān copies and then bury them in a place which is not commonly walked upon. If one is not able to do so then the last resort would be to burn them.

With regards to what are considered as books with "fabricated" Hadith then this is not something you should ask the opinions of lay people as you will get differing opinions depending on the methodology of the person replying. Therefore you should consult with a trustworthy Scholar/s on the books you are referring to and also do your own unbiased research.
If it has fabricated hadith, wouldn't it be to dispose of the books and also wouldn't it be dangerous to donate to a masjid or to another muslim?

Hamza Asadullah
04-18-2022, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical
If it has fabricated hadith, wouldn't it be to dispose of the books and also wouldn't it be dangerous to donate to a masjid or to another muslim?
It depends on who is deeming them as "fabricated"? As you will have Scholars of particular methodologies deeming the books of Scholars of another or other methodologies as containing "fabricated" reports and stories.

Therefore you must do your own research and speak to the relevant Scholars of those methodologies to ensure that you are correct in your approach and thinking about these particular books. After that take the recommendation of Scholar/s you are inclined towards. Ask of Allah for guidance. That is all that needs to be done in this regard.

This thread will now be closed to prevent any possible methodology debates, especially during this blessed month.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.