/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salam Alaikum

Abd al-Waahid
04-24-2022, 10:56 AM
Salam alaikum everyone, I'm a new revert from the United States. There aren't too many Muslims near me so I'm hoping this site will be a good resource for learning about the deen and potentially getting to know some other Muslims. Not very used to forums so I can't promise I'll be incredibly active beyond posting a question now and then (I seem to have an endless amount of them) but I'll try to stay engaged.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Ansariyah
04-24-2022, 12:03 PM
Wa alaykum Salaam br. Welcome to Islam and forum as well.
In sha Allah, we will help you regarding your questions.

Barak Allah feek.

Murid
04-24-2022, 01:03 PM
:salam:

:bism:

It is good to read a lot and learn from good books.
Maybe an easier read:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Muslims.../dp/1981328998

You will need to learn Arabic reading, maybe first book:

https://www.amazon.com/Arabic-Dummie...7JVV6HWG&psc=1

It is important to read mornings and evenings duas, for a lot of protection and benefits inshaAllah, read them from availible online Ad Dua Divine Help Palanpuri and

https://www.nooresunnat.com/Audio/Zi...ening_duas.pdf

You can not learn everything overnight. It will need years of zeal and study epending what degree you want, say basic muslim, knowledgable, or more.

Also, there are degrees of nawafil, dhikr, salawat, dua etc. practice, do you want to experience wonders or not.

A good shortcut for almost everything is a lot of altruism and charity spending who has wealth. There are aid/charity organisations, like Muslimhands, Muslimcharity, Islsmic Relief, Islsmic Aid etc.

It is good to support water projects, food, education, hafez education etc.

You can sponsor classrooms, whole villages etc.

Often there will be your name and they will ask duas for you.

Very, very spiritually, dunya and akhirah rewarding inshaAllah and a great shortcut (instead maybe years of worship for those who have money, and even every dunya work, earning because of such spending is a great ibadah).

You will need to read a book or two in a week.

Do not neglect fitness, nutrition, beeing best and kind in workplace, studying further, marrying, friends, new skills etc.

Murid
04-24-2022, 06:37 PM
:salam:

During free time do tasbeeh like subhanallahi walhamdulillahi wa la ilaha illallahu wallahu akbar wa la hawla wa la quwwata illa billahil aliyyil adheem, salawat ibrahimi,

Asma ul husna, like

Ya Waahid Ya Ahad Ya Samad
Ya Hadi Ya Haqq Ya Lateef
Ya Hafeez Ya Raqeeb Ya Shaheed

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
eesa the kiwi
04-24-2022, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd al-Waahid
Salam alaikum everyone, I'm a new revert from the United States. There aren't too many Muslims near me so I'm hoping this site will be a good resource for learning about the deen and potentially getting to know some other Muslims. Not very used to forums so I can't promise I'll be incredibly active beyond posting a question now and then (I seem to have an endless amount of them) but I'll try to stay engaged.

Wa alaikum Salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Congratulations on finding Islam. I am also a convert. We are a friendly bunch here and will be happy to help you

Hamza Asadullah
04-24-2022, 09:06 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Congratulations. You are most welcome here dear brother. make yourself comfortable and if you need any help or advice with anything at all then please do not hesitate to ask us.

Abd al-Waahid
04-25-2022, 11:24 PM
Jazakallah khair, all.

quranmualim
06-17-2022, 10:13 AM
Walaikum Assalam Wrahmatullah e wabarakah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.