/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How should I prepare my body for next year's ramadan? I take pills and have problems

SintoDinto
05-17-2022, 11:08 PM
I take mood altering medications, and for this reason I have to take them early in the morning and late in the evening during ramadan, and the lack of food and water combined with my hyperactivity (ADHD) and PTSD and mood issues makes me extremely irritable, moody, and unstable, both emotionally and chemically. I had to stop after only doing 13 days with some days my mom forcing me not to for reasons I can't remember but they were medical reasons. so after more than 13 days i had to quit before ramadan was over, and i had only fasted 13 days. the month before i only did 11. how should i improve my body for ramadan?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Labayk
05-18-2022, 06:42 PM
Assalaam 'Alaykum

Bro, do your best to fast every Ramadan and whatever days you need to miss, make them up throughout the year before the next ramadan. If you need to take a break in the middle of Ramadan for a few days before finishing the rest of Ramadan, then there is no harm inshaAllah, if you are sincere and you are truly doing your best and there truly is difficulty (which I think there is) that prevents you from completing your fast. Try to make them up on other days but before the next Ramadan, which will also help in preparing you for next Ramadan.

Make sure to eat Suhoor as that helps tremendously. You can take your meds during Suhoor and before Fajr and try to stay hydrated both after iftar and through the night until Suhoor. Don't drink caffeinated beverages because those dehydrate you. Also, don't eat things that are too salty like tuna/fish. That will make you thirsty.

You can make up your fasts this year by fasting on Mondays and Thursdays with the combined intention of making up your fasts as well as fasting on Mondays and Thursdays which is a confirmed Sunnah of Rasoolulah (Salalahu 'Alaihi wa Salaam). This will help you prepare and help you in making up all of your fasts without it being to difficult for you.

Also, of course, ask Allah to Help you and to Forgive you for your shortcomings and He Will Make things easier for you inshaAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.