/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about making up for missed prayers

basileus
05-21-2022, 03:19 PM
Salam, if I recited shahadah but didn't start praying consistently because I was still learning how to, should I still make these prayers up? Thanks in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
06-05-2022, 04:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by basileus
Salam, if I recited shahadah but didn't start praying consistently because I was still learning how to, should I still make these prayers up? Thanks in advance.
Wa Alaikum Asalaam,

Yes. This is because as soon as you have become a Muslim then the prayers become obligatory upon you. Just like as soon as a Muslim undergoes puberty then the prayer becomes obligatory upon them and they have to make up any prayers they missed from puberty to the present day. However as long as you tried your best to learn how to pray from the moment you accepted Islam and did not delay learning the prayers unnecessarily then inshaAllah you will not be sinful for the prayers you missed.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Please see the following:

https://www.myislaam.com/question/make-missed-salah/

If you have any other questions or need any further help then please do not hesitate to ask us.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.