believer313
06-27-2022, 05:32 PM
what should i do

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
06-27-2022, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by believer313
what should i do
Asalaamu Alaikum, Can you give more explanation please sister so that we can give you the relevant advice inshaAllah.

believer313
07-01-2022, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Asalaamu Alaikum, Can you give more explanation please sister so that we can give you the relevant advice inshaAllah.
Walaikum asalaam,
I just mean that i have many things to make dua for e.g work, future, family so many things but its too much for me to be sat in sajdah for 10mins and i forgot some things to make dua for aswell. whats your advice? are there any good general duas that i can make to Allah that encompass everything

Hamza Asadullah
07-02-2022, 12:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by believer313
Walaikum asalaam,
I just mean that i have many things to make dua for e.g work, future, family so many things but its too much for me to be sat in sajdah for 10mins and i forgot some things to make dua for aswell. whats your advice? are there any good general duas that i can make to Allah that encompass everything
What I find very useful and helpful is to write down all the things that are most important to me in my life to make Dua about and then gradually you can make your own personal Dua list more succinct and adapt it as you go along. You can have a list of most important things to make Dua about and then things that are less important that you can make at other times. There is nothing wrong with having your Dua list with you as you make Dua to remind you of what you need to make Dua about. Also you don't have to make all of your Dua's in Sujood. It is Sunnah to make your Dua's by raising your hands together. Also it is better to make Dua in a position that you feel the most comfortable in like in the Tashahud position or if that's not very comfortable for you then sitting cross legged, as long as your not reclining or leaning against anything (unless you have a disability or condition). So my sister there is nothing to feel overwhelmed about. Once you get into the habit of writing down what you want to make Dua about then it will become much easier for you inshaAllah and you will be able to make Dua about everything most important to you and you won't feel overwhelmed about it.

We also need to bare in mind the etiquettes of making Dua, so that our Dua's are more readily accepted like making Dua after praying Tahajjud or whilst fasting just before breaking fast and in the special hour on Fridays before Maghrib. We should be in the state of Wudu, facing the Qibla and firstly praising Allah as he deserves to be praised and calling upon him using his beautiful names. Then sending peace and blessings upon the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and then asking away as we wish. We must also be firm in what we are asking of Allah and ask him with certainty, for example not to say "Oh Allah forgive me if you wish" but to say "Oh Allah forgive me". We should also remember our parents in our Dua's as well as the Ummah as a whole. Finally we must have certainty and firm faith and hope that Allah will respond to our Dua's in whatever way he sees fit. Please see the following link:

https://lifewithallah.com/articles/d...en-making-dua/

The following links also contain some of the best Dua's to make from the Qur'an and Sunnah:

https://aboutislam.net/reading-islam...im-should-say/

https://muslim.sg/articles/dua-for-s...-in-everything

I hope that helped. May Allah enable us to make Dua to him in the way that pleases him the most and with presence of mind and certainty of it being accepted. Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
07-02-2022, 09:50 AM
Peace be with you believer,

Allah knows what we need as opposed to what we want, even before we make our prayer. Our prayers are to change us in ways that help us to do the will of Allah. I think Allah answers prayers in a way that help us towards eternal salvation, rather than solve problems in this life. If you prayed for a better job, how will that help you achieve eternal salvation? Could the following prayer be a clue as to how Allah answers prayers?

I asked for Strength.
And Allah gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom.
And Allah gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity.
And Allah gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage.
And Allah gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love.
And Allah gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours.
And Allah gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed
My Prayer has been answered.

May Allah bless you on your journey through life.
Eric

Murid
07-02-2022, 11:46 AM
:salam:

Here is the most comprehensive dua:
https://www.duasrevival.com/supplica...prehensive-dua

We should do ibadah as we can, but try everyday to strive for more.

Altruistic acts are from iman or ibadah too inshaAllah:
https://sunnah.com/nawawi40:26

There are a lot of virtues for asking salawat:
“Whoever sends blessings upon me once, Allah will send blessings upon him tenfold and erase from him ten bad deeds, and will raise him ten degrees in status.”

It was narrated from Anas ibn Maalik (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever sends blessings upon me once, Allah will send blessings upon him tenfold and ten bad deeds of his will be erased, and he will be raised ten degrees in status.”

Narrated by an-Nasaa’i (1297); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh an-Nasaa’i.

There are many other hadith about virtues of salawat and we can use asking salawat because of our need too inshaAllah.

Do what it is easier to you from ibadah.

Muhammad
07-02-2022, 08:03 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

There are many comprehensive du'as from the Qur'an and Sunnah which we can use, so In sha Allah try to incorporate them in your supplications. You can find these collected in books such as Ad-Du'a Min Kitab Wal Sunnah by Sa'id al Qahtani. They are also found in Hadith collections such as Riyadh as-Salihin.

An example of one such du'a is:

اللهم أصلح لي ديني الذي هو عصمة أمري، وأصلح لي دنياي التي فيها معاشي، وأصلح لي آخرتي التي فيها معادي، واجعل الحياة زيادة لي في كل خير، واجعل الموت راحة لي من كل شر

'O Allah, make my religion easy for me by virtue of which my affairs are protected, set right for me my world where my life exists, make good for me my Hereafter which is my resort to which I have to return, and make my life prone to perform all types of good, and make death a comfort for me from every evil'

From: The Book of Du'a (Supplications) - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

Murid
07-03-2022, 02:26 PM
:salam:

You can also recite estegfar as it has many benefits

https://www.siasat.com/power-istighf...ullah-1899659/

https://www.theislamicquotes.com/benefits-of-istighfar/

Flos
07-03-2022, 04:07 PM
Inni Assaluke al affiyah is the most comprehensive dua

Alhamdulillah is the best one

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.