/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say hello

wouterr
09-04-2022, 04:59 PM
Assalamu alaikum,
My name is Wouter. I am a (Dutch) Muslim convert since a few years. I am a critical thinker with a strong believe in a higher power. I found the most logic in Islam. Although raised as a catholic I always preferred praying only to the Father. I decided for myself, when I was 14 or so, that Jesus must be a messenger and nothing more. I think Allah SWT called me to His religion when I started reading about Islam in preparation for a backpacking trip through Islamic countries (Netherlands to Indonesia) in 2003. I just wanted to be able to discuss religion with muslims. I remember telling my mother in all my enthusiasm that Islam is some updated version of Christianity, so why aren't we Muslim? Consequently it was easy for me to conver (ofcourse my family didn't but they respect me and I respect them). The holy Quran and the explanation on Ahadith simply confirmed everything that I always believed in. I still occasionally have questions about certain things about Islam. Therefore I found this forum very helpful. A lot of people with a lot of knowledge. I learn a lot. I justed wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

Wouter

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
09-04-2022, 05:20 PM
Asalamu alaykum

Welcome Wouter :D

Muhammad
09-04-2022, 08:08 PM
Wa alaykum assalam Wouter,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your story. Let us know if you need anything.

anatolian
09-05-2022, 06:23 AM
Welcome among us. I am not frequent here but I think we will also learn from you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ümit
09-05-2022, 07:46 AM
Welcome Wouter,

I am also born and raised in the Netherlands. After 35 years I moved to Germany. But I still miss the Netherlands very much.
Like you, I am also a critical thinker, and I discovered that Islaam is a religion which makes totally sense.
I am a science guy...my motto is :
If
God created the entire universe and therefore He also created the laws of nature
And Islaam IS the one true religion,
then
Islaam cannot contradict the laws of nature and therefore, everything has to have a logical answer.

I like discussions on this subject very much. So ask anything you that comes in your mind and we will discuss it together with you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.