/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to become an Imam or sheik without a degree?

kit91
10-14-2022, 01:34 AM
All the Islamic studies degrees require learning arabic. I would need to speak some arabic from the beginning to be comfortable enrolling in a course so I would know I was capable of passing. I know it's possible to become an Imam without a degree. I've done it before. I headed a revert community. I was elected and chosen due to being the eldest by far in the group. We didn't have a physical mosque I lead prayer in my front yard. That community was attacked by nationalist islamophobes and it fell apart. I want to go back to ministry. How do I get proper training If I'm not able to learn arabic?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Murid
10-16-2022, 10:55 AM
:salam:

There are some programes on like Guidencehub for Foundational training (probably Level 2, 3), after that (duration probably a year or two) you take Levels 4, 5 in a madrasa probably if you are in UK.

After that you should be able to apply at Oxford or Cambridge muslim college for islsmic studies degrees.

As I know, Arabic is not mandatory (except what you learnt on prior Levels).

After that college and uni degrees you would be competent of basic leadership and imam function.

kit91
10-16-2022, 08:11 PM
I'm in the usa.

Murid
10-17-2022, 05:24 PM
:salam:

Try freelancing/working online to travell and educate further.

Some wandered for a decade or two. Nothing wromg with it. Seeking knowledge.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.