/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it wajib to choose a madhab?

kit91
10-21-2022, 11:51 PM
I pray like a hanafi but that's only because it's the largest madhab to follow. Can I mix and match rulings as I see fit according to what I've personally studied and use my own common sense? Can I look at all schools of thought and make a decision for myself? If not what do have to back up it being wajib to choose one?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
10-23-2022, 02:35 PM
You have to choose one of the four.

Muhammad
10-23-2022, 07:41 PM
Assalamu Alaykum,

format_quote Originally Posted by kit91
I pray like a hanafi but that's only because it's the largest madhab to follow. Can I mix and match rulings as I see fit according to what I've personally studied and use my own common sense? Can I look at all schools of thought and make a decision for myself? If not what do have to back up it being wajib to choose one?
No, you are not allowed to mix and match as you see fit. Although it is not technically wajib to follow a maddhab, one of the benefits of following a maddhab is so that you don't fall into this mistake. Extracting rulings from the Qur'an and Sunnah is not something that a lay Muslim can do because it requires immense knowledge, study and understanding. This is why we must turn to scholars. It is like going to a doctor to seek treatment; the patient doesn't have the medical knowledge and expertise to be able to diagnose and treat himself. As you are new to Islam, it is better that you focus on becoming well-grounded in the basics of Islam and don't get side-tracked.

muslimx
11-08-2022, 08:40 PM
I am assuming you are from the sub-continent and so was I originally as Hanafi Madhab.
I have done the mixing and matching up as I saw fit contrary to what the person in above is saying.
The general rule for me has always been, whatever has been said has to make sense. And I have to say Hanafi Madhab makes the least sense.
And the reason why is explained here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxNF1mw79eE

The people who say "cant mix-match". Welp, within the same Madhab multiple opinions exist whereas a opinion of these might be same to a opinion from another scholar of other Madhabs.

And this is the video of the prayer that I follow now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4auGhmeBlw

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AabiruSabeel
11-09-2022, 04:59 AM
:salam:

With all due respect to Shaikh Assim, it is not true that Imam Abu Hanifah did not travel or did not know enough Hadith. Please watch these,

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.