/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The ihram

mraamohamed
01-20-2023, 04:09 AM
As-salamu alaykum (السلام عليكم)
I am about to embark on my first umrah Inshallah ( إن شاء الله,) I was told by a friend last night that while I am in Mecca I am only to wear the ihram every time I go to the grand masjid to pray. Yes I know I wear it for towaf but after that I mean like for my daily prayers and all am I required to wear the ihram. If so do I have to go commando as well after the towaf for everyday prayers.

Jazaka
Abdulah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
01-20-2023, 11:43 AM
:wasalam:

There must be a misunderstanding. Ihram is only required during Hajj and Umrah. Once you complete your Umrah by performing Tawaf, Sa'ee and shaving your head, you can remove your ihram and wear normal clothes. All daily prayers and the Tawaf can be performed in normal clothes.

Now here's the catch. Since COVID19, the authorities are only allowing those who are performing Umrah (and wearing ihram) to enter the basement/ground floor and the mataf area of Masjid Al-Haram. So once your Umrah is complete, you can still enter Masjid Al-Haram for Tawaf and prayers, but you will only be allowed in the upper floors. Performing Tawaf from the upper floor is much longer than the actual mataf area.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.