/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do not exaggerate the Prophet ﷺ

taha_
02-22-2023, 02:34 PM
Without a doubt, Prophet peace be upon him was the greatest man to have walked on the Earth, Allah has made him the best role model for the Ummah to follow.

There is no better guidance than the guidance of Prophet ﷺ. His character was of the Qur’an, he was sent as the Messenger of Allah, a mercy to the universe and as the Seal of Prophethood. We are obligated to obey everything whatever he has commanded as well as follow his Sunnah, it is also obligatory for us to defend his honour.

Allah honoured His Messenger ﷺ. He ﷺ was the leader of the Prophets. He ﷺ was also given miracles such as the splitting of the Moon, but the greatest miracle is the Qur’an as nothing is like it, not even a single letter was changed in 1400 years.

Though he ﷺ was given special status of being Prophet, he ﷺ said:Do not exaggerate in praising me as the Christians praised the son of Mary, for I am only a Slave. So, call me the Slave of Allah and His Apostle." (Sahih Bukhari 3445)

However unfortunately many ignorant Muslims worship him ﷺ instead of Allah only, they believe that he ﷺ has knowledge of the unseen, that the universe is in his control and that he was made out of Noor of Allah.

The Qur’an says:

Say, ˹O Prophet,˺ “None in the heavens and the earth has knowledge of the unseen except Allah. Nor do they know when they will be resurrected. (Surah 27:65)

Say, “I am not the first messenger ever sent, nor do I know what will happen to me or you. I only follow what is revealed to me. And I am only sent with a clear warning.” (46:10)

Allah has full control over everything, nothing happens except whatever He has willed.

Say, “Nothing will ever befall us except what Allah has destined for us. He is our Protector.” So in Allah let the believers put their trust. (9:51)

Say, ˹O Prophet,˺ “I am only a man like you, but˺ it has been revealed to me that your God is only One God (18:110)

Prophet ﷺ in fact was afraid that his grave will be turned into place of worship, he cursed the Jews and Christians during his last moment for turning their Prophets graves into place of worship.

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) in his fatal illness said, "Allah cursed the Jews and the Christians, for they built the places of worship at the graves of their prophets." (Sahih Bukhari 1390)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Zayd ibn Aslam from Ata ibn Yasar that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "O Allah! Do not make my grave an idol that is worshipped. The anger on those who took the graves of their Prophets as places of prostration was terrible." (Muwatta Malik Book 9, Hadith 419)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.