/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how to choose a school of thought

kit91
03-10-2023, 12:25 AM
I'm a revert there is no mosque where I live or near by show just following the fihq of the mosque where I'm practicing isn't an option because I don't have one. I want to perfect my prayer well enough to lead it, so really perfect how do I choose a school of thought to follow for that? My prayer needs some work and I want to be perfect as possible.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kit91
03-10-2023, 02:18 PM
I'm trying to find a school of thought to follow. These are the two that I'm considering. Is one more permissive than the other and does one allow for more individual thought than the other. Meaning does one allow me to develop my own opinions more than the other.

AabiruSabeel
03-11-2023, 04:06 AM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

If there's no Masjid nearby, follow a scholar whom you can reach online. School of thought is for Islamic jurisprudence. To be able to have your own opinion, you'd have to have an in depth study of all Islamic sciences. For now, you don't really have to follow a school of thought as a beginner. Just focus on the basics of Islam, which are all the same.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.