/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New to Islam

WarriorNew
04-07-2023, 12:18 AM
Hey, I am new to Islam and seeking a community to learn more about it.

I wasn't always a man of faith. Actually when I was a kid I used to doze off when my dad would read the Koran to me. I was a typical American teenager who whenever older people told me I should wear traditional Muslim stuff, I was like, whatever.

A few months ago that changed. A woman in Central Park accosted me and screamed racial slurs at my face. This was the first time since grade school that someone's called me the sand n-word. That was when I started to take my religion more seriously. I probably can't learn to speak the language because I'm too old now, but I'd like to learn more about Allah.

Wanted to ask if this is the right forum for newcomers.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
04-07-2023, 04:44 AM
Assalamu alaykum brother,

Welcome to the forum! Alhamdulillah that Allah has guided you to Islam. It’s never too late to start learning. In sha Allah we will do our best to help with whatever we can.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.