/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New to Islam and looking for help

Jelleggg
04-16-2023, 07:29 PM
Hey, my english is not perfect but i will try to introduce myself.

So it sounds weird to tell this but a dream brought me to Islam, since i had this dream i can't get it out of my head.
I accepted it this is my faith and i will try my very best to be a good muslim.

Since i'm 30 years old now it's hard for me to learn, i'm looking for a good and simple guide to help trough prayers.
Did my first prayer a few minutes ago and i feel very good about it, but it was with a youtube guide that's the best i can do at this moment.

I washed myself, was present in the moment and prayed.

So guys if anyone is from the netherlands and/or belgium you can send me a PM

Peace brothers and sisters

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
04-18-2023, 04:17 AM
Salaam to you.

Welcome here.

Take baby steps into understanding. Don't rush.

Peace ✌

Jelleggg
04-18-2023, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the response, today at work i walked up to an elder muslim man and i asked if i can come with him to the mosque.
He was happy i asked him and he will take me to the mosque for the first time, i am blessed for this.

I feel very peacefull and happy this last couple days and i could cry any moment it feels like i am born again.

Again thank you for your response !

Scimitar
04-19-2023, 12:24 AM
Assalaamu alaikum brother Jelleggg,

https://www.youtube.com/@imanoffiziell

Check out this channel, the brothers here can help you in your native tongue in sh'Allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
04-19-2023, 10:58 AM
Peace be with you Jelleggg; and welcome tot he forum,

format_quote Originally Posted by Jelleggg
So it sounds weird to tell this but a dream brought me to Islam,
When I was searching for God many years ago, someone said, 'If you are looking for God, you have to do something'. He did not say what I had to do, but those words still challenge me today, I still constantly have to Do something.

Allah chooses whom he wills, so if you had a convincing dream that is calling you to Islam, you too, are being asked to Do something. Like me, you are going to have to find out what that something is.

My only suggestion would be, to study and reflect on the 99 names of Allah, believe and trust with absolute certainty, that everything Allah says about himself is the truth. This can be a lifetime journey. Every time you pray, you need to be able to trust who you are praying to with conviction.

May Allah bless you on your journey,
Eric

Jelleggg
04-21-2023, 10:17 AM
thank you for your comment my dear brother.

I'm going to the mosque the next friday with an older muslim and speak to the imaam, i hope i find my answers.
From now on i am reading the Quran in my own language.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.