/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Earning from fake reviews online Halal or Haram?

AHK
04-17-2023, 11:20 PM
Assalaam O Alikum. My friend works in a business which provides good service. I work remotely by providing review for the business, however I have not used their services. But I have asked my friend to describe it to me honestly and I do not write anything dishonest or fake in my reviews I have double checked it from other customers as well and I praise only what is good about that business. So if they pay me for my reviews is it halal for me or not?Knowing about my work another friend approached me to review his online services and he would pay me accordingly however, I do not know about the quality of his service so is it allowed for me to earn from any of the two cases?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbdulRahimahmed
04-20-2023, 10:40 AM
obviously haram

Ümit
04-20-2023, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHK
Assalaam O Alikum. My friend works in a business which provides good service. I work remotely by providing review for the business, however I have not used their services. But I have asked my friend to describe it to me honestly and I do not write anything dishonest or fake in my reviews I have double checked it from other customers as well and I praise only what is good about that business. So if they pay me for my reviews is it halal for me or not?Knowing about my work another friend approached me to review his online services and he would pay me accordingly however, I do not know about the quality of his service so is it allowed for me to earn from any of the two cases?
A review is an evaluation of a product or a service. the evaluation is then based on the gained experience by using that product or service.
you see, as a customer purchasing that product or service, you try to give your honoust unbiased opinion about it. If it was a positive experience you will give a positive review, or a negative review otherwise.
You want to help your friend (besides, you do it for the money) which are two important reasons you are no longer unbiased anymore. So your reviews are not honoust (even when you do not lie in your reviews).
On the contrary, it is considered a scam.

I mean look at it this way:
How would you react if you discover that the reviews on a certain product were bought? what would that information do with your trust about that organization?
I would not trust any product of that organization anymore, and I would immediately stop buying their products and look for alternatives.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.