/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reminiscing the past on IB

greenhill
04-19-2023, 06:09 AM
There was a time, towards the tail end of my pursuit of knowledge of the Deen I sought an open platform to sieve through it all...

I spent time going through forums and sites and found this to be where I wanted to be. The topics, the display and the participation amongst the fellow members was inviting.

We used to have a small box next to our name, a mini profile that gives the basic stats of members indicating when they joined, how many posts they have made, likes they received, reputation points accumulated and a few other that at a glance, introduces the person posting the article.

After a few years, perhaps through changes like displays of members stats, each member becomes just a name and his personality his lost.

Over the same period also the general direction of topics also became less on general islamic knowledge and more to do with personal problems of the youth, seeking advice, especially new members.

From broad open questions and discussions with deep and researched replies IB drifted (?) towards growing adolescent questions that was making up most of the new members then.

I noticed then that most (active members) love the debates were out of depth to be able to answer or help a lot of these new members as it should be answered by professionals in their respective fields; psychologists, therapists, consultations or whatever...

What makes it more difficult is that there is the international aspects of things, laws etc, hence even for consultation, it would be impossible to help.

I miss those active discussions that really squeezes my brain in just reading them. Maintaining civility whilst at extreme polar differences making their points.

I remember but don't see Insaanah, sister herb, Ahmad H, MuslimWoman.. it's good to still see Eric H, Scimitar, Muhammad, the new Mods promoted who were old-timers then and some members can't recall their screen name at the moment.

If you do remember me from back then, it will be nice to get a pm from you.

Peace ✌

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
04-19-2023, 06:10 PM
Some of us are still lurking

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.