/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does the average Muslim family now have.....

Imraan
04-23-2023, 07:59 PM
Assalam Walaikum

Does the average Muslim family (in countries where there is at least some western influence) now have at least one divorce amongst it's siblings...?

I refer to Most families where there are at least 3 or 4 siblings and where most are above marriable age....

I look around in my community, amongst my close family, cousins relatives etc etc and I see a growing trend.

Divorce does not discriminate as couples can divorce at any time regardless of the period of marriage.

Its not just western influence, it's to do with paranoia and what we see happening around us...

It breaks my heart...

Allahu Samad... Please Allah, help us all....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SintoDinto
04-23-2023, 11:12 PM
I know your case is different, but sometimes divorce needs to happen. My father was a very angry, narcissistic man. I endured much abuse from him. If it wasn't for my mother's ability to divorce, and the ease with which she could, I would still be being abused by him. Even after the divorce he got visitation rights and would continue to abuse me. I told him I would maintain minimal contact to preserve ties of kinship by texting. He doesn't want to call me on the phone anyway. I still have PTSD from my father's abuse.

SintoDinto
04-23-2023, 11:16 PM
But often divorce does not need to happen, as opposed to what I mentioned above. Sometimes based on my understanding couples dont realize that marriage takes work, and committment, and from my understanding, young people go into marriage with false expectations. Jordan Peterson (I know, he has said some condescending things about islam but he has some good points) said "marriage isn't for married people its for the children, and if youre not doing it for the children, well then grow the h*** up!!!!"

Scimitar
04-25-2023, 11:12 AM
Divorce is on the rise in the west… and less people are also getting married in the west now.

In 2021, there were 113,505 divorces granted in England and Wales, a 9.6% increase compared with 2020 when there were 103,592 divorces.

England and Wales. Last week, we heard that marriage rates are falling fast among young people in particular: 1.2 million more 25- to 35-year-olds were unmarried in 2021 than in 2011.

^ googled

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
xboxisdead
04-26-2023, 03:25 AM
I prefer the marriage rate to drop really low and only responsible people get married vs immature people marry just to have a stat saying that majority of people are married and end up with broken families, abusive relationship in both end of the spectrum and high divorces with huge stats of children raised in broken homes. So, if in Muslim world the immaturity rate is slow then I want to see more people in Muslim world not get married and low marriage rate in Muslim world even drop it to 5% getting married if we must, until each party is mature enough to get married. That is my theory on this.

But if you have both ends looking at "me-me-me-me-me" mentality then please stay single do your thing until you grow up for marriage.

SoldierAmatUllah
04-29-2023, 06:29 AM
Theres many bad marriages in Pakistan even....people just arent happy - it's okayyy to have extra marital affairs etc...auzobillah...(hidden not open)

This is the case here.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.