/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have I committed shirk?

ZahraB
05-07-2023, 09:56 AM
Salam, I have been suffering from waswas for about 6 months now.It started as me seeing idols when am praying salat it made me cry a lot then after a while it stopped then it got to a level that if am praying or making Dua I see bad images of idols or feel like am praying to my shadow or other than Allah.I keep on retaking my shahada alot.And then I get thoughts like if you take this breath or if you blink you have worshipped that wall or your phone and have committed shirk it made me restless for days.It’s gotten to the level now that it’s my finger movements like if your finger taps your palm you’re committing shirk or if you bend your finger or keep it straight while closing the door you have committed shirk.Or if your toes press the ground or twitch you have committed shirk.I try so hard to restrain my body from movements but sometimes I am very unsuccessful.Recently I get mocking thoughts about Islam and I feel the urge to smile I hold my mouth and jaw with my hand to prevent it but sometimes I feel like I have smiled even while holding the jaw but am not so sure I even try looking at a mirror but I don’t see myself smile there but when am not looking at a mirror I feel like am smiling even though I try so hard to suppress my body.Am doubtful about everything I am sad my heart is heavy I have been skipping meals am always forcing myself to sleep to keep myself from having thoughts.I retake my shahada more than ten times a day.Sometimes I feel so numb and then I feel like the reason why I feel numb towards the waswas I get is because I have already become kufr.My life is so miserable .

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
A.R.BRahimbaksh
05-07-2023, 01:44 PM
Wa alaikum assaalam sister,
I have read your post and I have felt something strange like weird. I don't know why ? .

You have waswas .what you are thinking I think (in my opinion)is not shirk . because it is shaytan .you should not be blamed .

Al-Shaykh Ibn Baz (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

Whatever may occur to a person’s mind of bad thoughts, such as if he thinks of zina (fornication or adultery), stealing, consuming intoxicants and the like, but he does not do any of these things, then he will be pardoned for that and will not incur any burden of sin, because the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Verily Allah has forgiven my ummah for whatever crosses their minds, so long as they do not act upon it or speak of it.” Saheeh (authentic) – agreed upon.

Are you awake late at the night sister , aren't you?
Do you live with your family.if yes , do you should share it with them as well like to sister ,mother or the father . Because they will help you or motivate you.
You should recite Quran. like at least you should recite 1 ayah a day .if you can ,so please 2, 3 or 4 and as many as you can .

My favorite surah is surah Al kahf you should recite it .I hope you will overcome from waswas .

There are some Hadiths :

. It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “Some of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and said to him, ‘We find in ourselves thoughts that are too terrible to speak of.’ He said, ‘Are you really suffering from that?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘That is a clear sign of faith.’” (Muslim).

It was narrated in al-Saheehayn, also from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “The Shaytan comes to one of you and says, ‘Who created such and such? Who created such and such?’ Until he says, ‘Who created your Lord?!’ If that happens to any of you, let him seek refuge with Allah and put a stop to these thoughts.”

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbas (may Allah be pleased with them both) that a man came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and said, “I think thoughts to myself, which I would rather be burnt to a cinder than speak of them.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Praise be to Allah, Who has reduced all his [the Shaytan’s] plots to mere whispers.” (Abu Dawood).

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said in Kitab al-Eeman: “The believer may suffer from the whispers of the Shaytan insinuating thoughts of kufr (disbelief), which may make him feel distressed. The Sahabah (may Allah be pleased with them) said, ‘O Messenger of Allah, some of us think thoughts which we would rather fall from heaven to earth than speak of them.’ He said, ‘That is a clear sign of faith.’ According to one report, ‘… thoughts which are too terrible to speak of.’ He said, ‘Praise be to Allah, Who has reduced all his [the Shaytan’s] plots to mere whispers,’ meaning that the fact that these whispers come, but they are so greatly disliked, and they are pushed away from the heart, is a clear sign of faith. This is like the mujahid (warrior) to whom the enemy comes, but he resists him until he overwhelms him, and this is a mighty jihad (battle)… Hence the seekers of knowledge and devoted worshippers experience waswas and doubts which others do not face, because they (the others) are not following the way prescribed by Allah, rather they are following their own whims and desires and neglecting to remember their Lord. This is what the Shaytan wants, in contrast to those who are striving to draw closer to their Lord by seeking knowledge and worshipping Him. He is their enemy and seeks to prevent them from drawing closer to Allah.”

Dua for waswas :

It is possible to overcome waswas and bad thoughts by means of the following:

· Seeking refuge with Allah from the accursed Shaytan, turning sincerely to Him and beseeching Him a great deal

Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

{And if an evil suggestion comes to you from Satan, then seek refuge in Allah . Indeed, He is Hearing and Knowing.

Indeed, those who fear Allah - when an impulse touches them from Satan, they remember [Him] and at once they have insight.}[al-A‘raf 7:200-201].
I hope it will help you to overcome from waswas.
Jazaki Allahu khairen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.