/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New convert from America, but facing a difficult choice and need advice

Confused123!
05-07-2023, 10:22 PM
Hello, I am new to this site, and not sure if this is even the right section to post this in. (if it needs to be moved perhaps some moderators can put it in the proper section.) About 8 months ago, I had been chatting with a woman from Egypt, on a language exchange application, I originally had the intent to only help her with improving English, but everyday she would talk to me about Islam, and how she felt I had a good heart, I was a Christian at the time so obviously any type of relationship romantically with her would be forbidden. We continued talking more over months and she continued discussing Islam. So I eventually made the decision to what I thought was the right way to continue things with her in a halal way. I flew from America to Egypt, went into the mosque and said the shahada. Her and I ended up marrying about 2 months later, and she became pregnant, I had to return to America due to financial struggles and needing more money. But now I'm doubting the choice I made to be Muslim, I have stopped praying, and I am facing pressures from my family to become Christian again. I don't know what to do, because things are very complicated now, with my wife being pregnant, so me leaving Islam isn't a simple matter anymore of just divorcing. I guess I'm just lost about what to do.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Senmohdin
05-08-2023, 03:27 PM
Hello there,

I think you'd be better to bring this to a local Imam or scholar near you as this seems to be a more complicated situation involving more than yourself.

Continue sala and ask Allah for guidance while making dua.

Muhammad
05-08-2023, 08:25 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

Be patient and take things slowly. The devil will always try to stop us from doing the right thing and will whisper doubts to sway us from the right path. What you must do is take time to study Islam and develop a deeper understanding. Your love for it will grow and the doubts will disappear, In sha Allah. Speak to your wife and befriend other Muslims who can remind you about Allah. Try to find a Masjid that you can attend. Don’t allow the pressure of others to come between you and your Creator.

May Allah keep you steadfast and grant you knowledge and understanding of the Religion, Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.