/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalamu alaykum! I'm a new revert, here's my introduction post

thatmuslimgirl
05-08-2023, 05:15 AM
Assalamu alaykum! I'm a new revert, I took my Shahada recently and I want to introduce myself. My family has some outdated ideas of what Islam truly is, so I can't wear a hijab yet until I'm an adult living independently. I found Islam after researching other religions and I felt drawn to this one when I researched it. I especially love how kind Muslims are, everybody is so willing to help each other. I get emotional thinking about it, but in a good way. I love listening to podcasts for learning about Islam and I like learning about things through literature, in fact I'm working on a whole list of books I want to read regarding Islam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
05-08-2023, 01:00 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

Welcome to the forum, sister. Alhamdulillah that Allah has guided you to Islam. May Allah increase you in knowledge and understanding of Islam and keep you steadfast, Ameen.

Senmohdin
05-08-2023, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by thatmuslimgirl
Assalamu alaykum! I'm a new revert, I took my Shahada recently and I want to introduce myself. My family has some outdated ideas of what Islam truly is, so I can't wear a hijab yet until I'm an adult living independently. I found Islam after researching other religions and I felt drawn to this one when I researched it. I especially love how kind Muslims are, everybody is so willing to help each other. I get emotional thinking about it, but in a good way. I love listening to podcasts for learning about Islam and I like learning about things through literature, in fact I'm working on a whole list of books I want to read regarding Islam.
Wa-Alaikum Salam and Welcome Sister.

There is a lifetime worth of reading regarding Islam. There are a lot of books out there. Don't hesitate to write down some books referred by the scholars. Some are translated to english.

Scimitar
05-09-2023, 04:28 AM
Walakum salaam sister,

what podcasts do you like listening to? I’m wondering if I may have produced some of them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.