/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Essence of Faith

k.ibrahim
05-15-2023, 09:42 AM
Bismillah Ir-Rahman, Ir-Raheem. I begin with ALLAH's auspiciousness,whose Name is the Best among all the names. All Revences, All Sanctities and All Worships are due to ALLAH alone. Ashahadu An Laa illaaha illal llahu Wa Ash Hadu Anna Muhammadan Abdu Hu Wa Rasooluhu ''I bear witness that there is no deity but Allah who is without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) is the Rasool.'' "O ALLAH, Shower Your Peace come upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have brought peace to Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious. O Allah, Shower your blessing upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have blessed Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious". I am Satisfied with ALLAH as My Rabb and Cherisher, I am Satisfied With Islam as My Din(religion) and I am satisfied with Muhammad as a Rasulallah (Messenger)sallallahu alaihi was salam) I seek Protection with ALLAH! With the Glorious and Noble Face of ALLAH! With the Complete and Perfect words of ALLAH! With the Exalted Attributes of ALLAH! From the Punishment of Hell; From chastisement in the Grave; From the Trial of Life and Death; From the Mischief of the dajjal. There is no power nor strength with (anyone) save Allah. ALLAH is Good and Only accept that which is Good. ALLAH is the Truth and only accept that which True. ALLAH is Pure and only accept that which is Pure. Ya ALLAH! ALL the praises are for You,You are the Holder of the Heavens and the Earth, And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All praises are for You; You are are the Substaner of the Heavens and the Earth And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All the praises are for you; You have the Possession of the Heavens and the Earth and whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All the praises are for You; You are Light(Nur) of the Heavens and Earth And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All praises are for You; You are the King of the Heavens and the Earth And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All praises are for You; You are the Truth and Your Promise is the Truth, And Your word is the Truth and the Meeting with You is true, And Parardise is True And Hell is true and All the Prophets(peace be upon them) are true; And Muhammad Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) is true,And the Day of Resurrection is True. Ya ALLAH! You have promise and Your promise is the truth,Ya ALLAH! You have promise and Your words is the truth, Ya ALLAH! You have promise and You are the Truth! Sufyan ibn Abdullah Thaqafi reported that he asked Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) O Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam)! Tell me an all-encompassing thing about Islam so that, after you, I may not have to ask from anyone in this regard." Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) replied, "Say, I believe in Allah, and remain true to it." (Muslim) Commentary: It is enough for a man to believe in Allah as his Rabb and Creator, and, then, as His conscientious slave fulfil his duties.This Tradition is included among the "all-embracing sayings." Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) has summed up the fundamental meaning and purpose of Islam in a few words. Faith in Allah and constancy and steadfastness in it constitutes the pith and essence of Islam. The significance of faith in Allah has already been explained in the commentary of the Tradition placed at the head of the present compilation while steadfastness means to pursue faithfully and unchangingly the Straight Path and to persevere in it at all times. Strict observance of the Divine injunctions, positive as well a negative, is, so to speak, the name of constancy in Faith. Some of the leading Sufi-saints have remarked,"Steadfastness is better than athousand supernatural deeds. Once a person has learnt the lesson of steadfastness, he has learnt everything. After it, there is left nothing for him to aspire for. At various places in Qur'an, felicity has been associated with faith in Allah and steadfastness. Take the following verse, for instance. Lo! those who say: Our Rabb is Allah, and afterward are upright, the angels descend on them saying: Fear not nor grieve, but hear good tidings of the Paradise which ye are promised. (Al Ahqaf 46:30) Seeing that the Traditions of Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) were based upon Qur'anic teachings it can be said that the reply to Sufyan ibn Abdullah Thaqafi was in the light of the verses like the one reproduced above 1 .(62/62) It is related by Tamin Dari that Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) once, said: "Faith is the name of loyalty and earnestness." He was asked, "Loyalty and earnestness towards whom?" Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) replied, "Towards Allah, towards His Book, towards His Messenger, towards the leaders of Muslims, and towards the Muslims as a whole." (Muslim)Commentary: This Tradition, too, is included among the "all-embracing sayings". According to Imam Nawawi, it is comprehensive of all the objectives of Faith and to act upon it is to fulfil its aim and purpose altogether. No aspect or department of Faith has been left out in the above Tradition. It declares that Islam consists of loyalty to Allah, to His Book, to His Messengers, to the leaders of Muslims and to the entire Muslim Ummah, and this is what Faith is, without a trace of doubt. Loyalty to Allah means that He should be believed in; the knowledge and awareness of Him should be acquired as much as possible: He should be loved to the utmost; worship and obediance should be rendered to Him : no one should be associated with Him; and, He should be feared as the true Rabb and Sovereign. In brief the obligations of servility ought to be observed to the full in respect of Him and His commands carried out faithfully.Loyalty to the Book of Allah implies that it should be accepted as the Divine Word; due regard should be paid to its glory and greatness; its knowledge should be acquired and spread; and, its teachings should be observed dutifully in practice.Likewise, loyalty to Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) signifies that faith should be affirmed in his Mission; he should be held in respect and reverence; warm affection should be felt for him, and for his precepts and practices and, salvation should be believed to lie in following him with all one's heart.Further, loyalty to the rulers and leaders of the Muslims denotes that co-operation should be extended to them in the discharge of their responsibilities; they should be held in proper esteem, and if they seemed to err, sincere efforts should be made to correct them; good counsel should not be held back from them; and, they should be obeyed as far as it is permissible in Islam.And, laslty, to the Muslim Millat meaning that attitude towards the Muslims, as a whole, should be one of sympathy and goodwill; their gain should be considered to be one's own gain and their loss to be one's own loss; and, every possible help and service should be accorded to them ungrudgingly.From the above it will be clear how this Tradition embraces of every branch of Faith and why to act upon it sincerely is to fulfil all the obligations of Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.